Reading the last chapter of Darwin’s Origin of Species with Blurbs

In the last chapter of his book: On the Origin of Species (1859), Charles Darwin explains:

“As this whole volume is one long argument, it may be convenient to the reader to have the leading facts and inferences briefly recapitulated. [He says: I will tell you why I wrote this book]. That many and grave objections may be advanced against the theory of descent with modification through natural selection, I do not deny. [That my fairy tale is too good to be true, I do not deny, he says]. I have endeavoured to give to them their full force. [I tried my best to make you believe there is a Santa Claus in the Northpole]. Nothing at first can appear more difficult to believe than that the more complex organs and instincts should have been perfected, not by means superior to, though analogous with, human reason, but by the accumulation of innumerable slight variations, each good for the individual possessor. [I agree it is unbelievable but I will nevertheless give the idea a shot]. Nevertheless, this difficulty, though appearing to our imagination insuperably great, cannot be considered real if we admit the following propositions, namely, [What I fantasies about will not be considered real if you accept creation after each kind of Genesis] —that gradations in the perfection of any organ or instinct, which we may consider, either do now exist or could have existed, each good of its kind, [You will not believe my story if you accept that different sizes of cats were always there since creation as Genesis say] — that all organs and instincts are, in ever so slight a degree, variable, [Also not go along with me if you hold that changes slightly occur normally anyway but do not jump between species] —and, lastly, that there is a struggle for existence leading to the preservation of each profitable deviation of structure or instinct. [You will not a Darinist if you say that all this happen only to preserve as the Bible says but not like I Darwin is saying that happen to go extinct into a new form]. The truth of these propositions cannot, I think, be disputed. [I cannot fight against the Bible. Surely] Yet, as we have reason to believe [oops! ...Is ‘believe’ not a philosophical and religious assertion and not a scientific fact?] that some species have retained the same specific form or very long periods, enormously long as measured by years, too much stress ought not to be laid on the occasional wide diffusion of the same species; for during very long periods of time there will always be a good chance for wide migration by many means. [People ask me Darwin where the intermediate forms are: migrate, or they are too few and goes into extinction for the new....]

A broken or interrupted range may [may or was really?] often be accounted for by the extinction of the species in the intermediate regions. It cannot be denied that we are as yet very ignorant [you can say that again!] of the full extent of the various climatical and geographical changes which have affected the earth during modern periods; and such changes will [but we are ignorant though] obviously have greatly facilitated migration.

As an example, I have attempted to show how potent has been the influence of the Glacial period on the distribution both of the same and of representative species throughout the world. We are as yet profoundly ignorant [strange that you keep saying it?] of the many occasional means of transport. With respect to distinct species of the same genus inhabiting very distant and isolated regions, as the process of modification has necessarily been slow, all the means of migration will have been possible during a very long period; and consequently the difficulty of the wide diffusion of species of the same genus is in some degree lessened. [Rationalizing, right?] As on the theory of natural selection an interminable number of intermediate forms must have existed, linking together all the species in each group by gradations as fine as our present varieties, it may be asked, Why do we not see these linking forms all around us? [Yes. All Creationists ask you this question] Why are not all organic beings blended together in an inextricable chaos? With respect to existing forms, we should remember that we have no right to expect (excepting in rare cases) [What? Theory on the absence of data?] to discover directly connecting links between them, but only between each and some extinct and supplanted form. Even on a wide area, which has during a long period remained continuous, and of which the climate and other conditions of life change insensibly in going from a district occupied by one species into another district occupied by a closely allied species, we have no just right [really?] to expect often to find intermediate varieties [data lacking?] in the intermediate zone. For we have reason to believe [Oops! …Confession again] that only a few species are undergoing change at any one period; and all changes are slowly effected. I have also shown that the intermediate varieties which will at first probably [strange that you as a scientist use this word?] exist in the intermediate zones, will be liable to be supplanted by the allied forms on either hand; and the latter, from existing in greater numbers, will generally be modified and improved at a quicker rate than the intermediate varieties, which exist in lesser numbers; so that the intermediate varieties will, in the long run, be supplanted and exterminated.”

Response: Darwin you are quite a believer….