190622 #1, Rome

01.jpg

Korean members are ready for departure, Seoul/Incheon International Airport

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Basilica di San Pietro in Vincoli (Saint Peter in Chains)
According to legend, the Empress Eudoxia gave Pope Leo I the chains with which Peter had been shackled in Jerusalem as a presentand to house these, he commissioned San Pietro in Vincoli Basilica to be built. When Pope Leo I held these chains near Peter’s chains from the time he spent in Mamertime Prison in Rome. Another impressive part of the church is the mausoleum of Pope Julius II, made up by Michelangelo’s striking statue of Moses, designed between 1505 and 1515. The mausoleum is dimly lit until one of the visitors makes a donation and it lights up, something which is done throughout most of the churches in Rome.

Among the small altars found on both sides of the church, we recommend taking a close look at those found on the left hand side. Visitors will see frescoes depicting skeletons and other images which are not very commonly shown in Catholic churches.
https://www.rome.net/san-pietro-in-vincoli

천주교회에 의하면 베드로의 사슬 교회: 베드로가 예루살렘에서 묶였던 쇠사슬과 로마의 감옥에 갇혔을 때의 쇠사슬이 기적적으로 결합되었다고 한다. 이 교회안에서 미켈란젤로가 조각한 모세의 상도 볼 수 있다.

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

The Basilica of Saint Clement (ItalianBasilica di San Clemente al Laterano) is a Roman Catholic minor basilica dedicated to Pope Clement I located in RomeItaly. Archaeologically speaking, the structure is a three-tiered complex of buildings: (1) the present basilica built just before the year 1100 during the height of the Middle Ages; (2) beneath the present basilica is a 4th-century basilica that had been converted out of the home of a Roman nobleman, part of which had in the 1st century briefly served as an early church, and the basement of which had in the 2nd century briefly served as a mithraeum; (3) the home of the Roman nobleman had been built on the foundations of republican era villa and warehouse that had been destroyed in the Great Fire of 64 AD. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Clemente_al_Laterano

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg