The morning Manna will be provided at 6am. Thanks.

Studying In the Crucible with Christ in the SSnet.org series Lesson 7, may the Holy Spirit be the speaker to your heart.

The Topic today is: "Job is certain about his God, some word about Arabic meanings”.

The Opening Hymn will be 229 "Spirit of the Living God"

The Sabbath School Quarterly, downloadable from SSnet.org in the Teacher's Edition is on page 87 and for the laymen edition or Standard Edition, on page 58.

The SSnet.org site allows anyone, anywhere to read the lesson in their own language. Choose your own language to see God speaking also to your heart.

---Yesterday’s comments

Someone read what I said yesterday in the past and from that day counseled people not to read anything I write since I am a “Futurist”. What is a futurist? It is someone who preaches the prophets with a newspaper.

---Maybe long time ago you could not do it. But it is really the endtime and now we can keep our eyes open for links. After it happen, we can point to its fulfillment. That is historicism. That is what our pioneers tried to do in 2300 years completed.

---Errros? The Millerites keep looking for other dates as if the calculation was wrong and played chronological games. That was wrong. One can see it in a journal they published until 1850. Then this date and maybe next year or two years later. Guessing and setting dates. Not God’s way.

---The true Adventists saw this early and rejected it and Ellen White also said no, 1843 and 1844 was right. No more calculations. But the Futurists in those days kept trying their luck. “Maybe next year.” You can read it all in those journals they publish.

---The true Adventist will wait for it to happen, the event will be worldwide, simple, clear, easy to identify and it will be historical able to verify. Facts will be available to all. Like 911 is available to all or 311 in Japan Tsunami. Simple, clear and factual. In all languages. No excuse.

---But to connect it to the Bible, you need to know Salvation 4.1 Adventist version. You need to know principles of interpretation by historicists, which Adventism is. Not the Salvation 1.1b Adventists who plays with preterism by mixing Reformed Theology and commentaries with Adventist findings.

---Now today’s lesson comments.

---On Job chapter 9, I would suggest not to use the word curse. I do not think Job said he wants to curse God. It is an Arabic semantics carried into the Hebrew Dictionary and it is unfortunate a method. Everyone should object and ask: How can Byzantine semantics tell us what the meaning of rare words are in Moses’ Job 2170 years before [Moses wrote in 1460 BC and Arabic is after the 7th century AD! Red card! Scholars did not object. They still used it. And modern translations followed the Arabic meaning of the Dictionary.

---What is the solution? Use Akkadian, Ugaritic, Hittite or Middle Egyptian because that is the Egyptian Moses spoke. There are good Egyptian dictionaries and grammars available for every period of Egyptian history. Look for Middle. Moses Hebraized the Egyptian form so grab the Egyptian meaning as the intention of Moses for Job’s saying.

---This is what Job meant: Job is struggling to understand why his destiny includes suffering so shortly before the end of his life. Give us Job s perspective of Satan’s involvement with our lives to stay with You as our protector.

“‘curse [Arabic!] God and die!’” (Job 2:9, NIV

“‘Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge?’” (Job 38:2, NIV).

---Here is my comment to this verse:

“The Lord answered Job making rising efficacious” There is no theophany here. There are no clouds or storm He appeared in. He answered both the friends and Job. The friends fall short of the glory of God, Job not. For the friends chattering God asked “Who is this who from darkness advices with words without knowledge?” (v. 2). The answer is the incumbent friends of Job. As one reader said: with such friends, who needs enemies?”

---It is not Job asking this question, it is God asking the question pointing to the friends of Job.

Next verse cited:

“‘I am unworthy—how can I reply to you? I put my hand over my mouth. I spoke once, but I have no answer— twice, but I will say no more’” (Job 40:4, 5, NIV).

---Job fell on his knees and one can see the Egyptian hieroglyphics for silence here:

“I put my hand to my mouth”. If you know Egyptian language, then you will see in the Signlist that a man who is holding his hand to his mouth means “silence”.

(v. 4). If there is a question he will not answer and a second question he will not add (v. 5). Job could sense the everlasting arms of God and that peace left him speechless.

---Job is certain about his God. He is certain about himself. It is the use of the Arabic semantics that created the strange theology about Job.

---I do not want to advertise myself. Search on google for a Devotional Commentary on Job by Koot van Wyk. Download. It is all there. Thanks.