Caotun Church, Taiwan

Pastor Jeong DaeSeong

There was an evangelistic meeting held in Caotun Church, located in the middle part of Taiwan, from December 5 to December 10.  The Golden Angels were there, and Pastor Kim DaeSung, the Director of Sabbath School & Personal Ministries for the Northern Asia-Pacific Division, as the speaker.  Though it was December 3, the late-summer weather was still there.  However, it suddenly became so cold on December 4 that there were few people in the street during the evangelistic meeting.  Four members of the Golden Angels, who had recently returned from an evangelistic meeting in Dali Church (led by Pastor Choi WoonSung from the second batch of PMM missionaries), three PMM pastors and some elementary school students went downtown to deliver evangelistic pamphlets on December 4.  People were happy to get those pamphlets from them.

All the members of the Golden Angels, began a concert in Shigwang Middle and High School, 500 meters from Caotun Church.  Four of them were from Saru Church, where Na InSu of the second batch of PMM missionaries was the pastor.  This concert was for around 70 students, 30 of which were taking an extracurricular class on Korean culture.  Some of them attended the evangelistic meeting the first evening because of this concert.

After the concert at Shigwang Middle and High School, there was another concert at the nearby Nankai Institute of Economics.  The stage was set up with the help of the Korean language students, and the students on the way to lunch were given evangelistic pamphlets and invited to the evangelistic meeting in the evening.  Quite a few of them chose to view the concert instead of going to lunch.  The institute did a good job preparing the banner and stage for the concert.  When the concert was over, the Golden Angels praised God in front of about 40 elderly people at the YMCA right across the street.

Still another concert was held for kindergarten children in front of the church.  Despite their hectic schedule, the Golden Angels said that they had a fruitful day.  On the first evening of the evangelistic meeting, the church was filled, mostly with students.  There were a health lecture and a healthy food cooking class in the evening with the generous help of Huang OkRan from Tai’an Hospital, a sanitarium in Taipei.

One person that was very interested in health issues attended the meeting on Tuesday morning.  Thirty minutes into the Wednesday morning meeting, however, we still had almost no one.  Everybody began to worry.  They must have pleaded with God to send them seekers after truth, and I did the same.  It was then that a lady that was touched by the message and moved to tears on the first day of the meeting came.  The speaker started studying the Bible with her afterward.  Several others began to show up a little while later.  There was no doubt that God is the master at turning the tables.

The meeting that evening was filled solely with students.  I just praised God for sending them to this church.  I am sure this church will be flourishing in 10 years.  The speaker helped the students organize the youth and student association and promised to cover the expenses for their activities for a year.  Every one of them was overjoyed.  By the way, I really hope to have some deaconesses from Korea help my wife because she has to prepare the meals for all the meetings by herself.  I can’t describe how much I appreciate her dedication, working from early morning until late at night without any sickness or complaint.

Young people have begun to gather at Caotun Church.  A youth meeting has been scheduled at the church every Wednesday.  There was a staff meeting after the evangelistic meeting on Monday, and the preparation for a Christmas program was done there.  This program was sponsored by Caotun Church and held at the Nankai Institute of Economics on December 23.  A second Christmas gathering at the church was held on the night of December 24.  It is such a blessing to have active young people in church.  May the Lord abundantly bless them all.3.jpg Taiwanese young people baptized in Korea through its cultural experience as well as the evangelistic meeting