Fukui Church, Japan

Pastor Ko KiRim  

Pastor Kim JinYoung delivered a sermon on the wonderful love of God at Fukui Church in August 2006, with Pastor Kim SooHo’s translation.  His passionate sermon told a love story so delightful and refreshing that it seemed to cool off the sizzling heat.  With the heart of God, he understood the lonely, anxious and hurt feelings of the Japanese people, so everyone there went back home filled with love and happiness.

I think it was the first time in the history of evangelistic meetings in Fukui that a meeting had such a high number of seekers after truth.  Three people attended this evangelistic meeting on the first day, nine on the second day, and seven on the third day.  All of them were captivated by the Word of God.  A few of them were learning Korean in Fukui Church.  There was a brother named Torii that came to like Koreans when he experienced their kindness while visiting Korea.  So he has maintained a good relationship with Korean students in Fukui.

One day, my wife asked him to introduce some Korean students he knew of.  When he brought one of them, he was surprised to see the signboard of my church.  That’s because it was of the same denomination as his mother’s.  He had not been interested in God, whereas his mother went to the Seventh-day Adventist Church.  So my wife and I were privileged to experience God’s amazing providence and realize His greatness once again.  This Korean student, Paek SeSung, is now faithfully studying the Bible in church every week and serving as the photographer for this evangelistic meeting.  My prayer is that he gives his heart to God during this meeting.  I sincerely hope to see the miracle of him accepting Jesus as his Savior.

Fukui Church is holding a week-long feast on God’s Word entitled “God’s Whistle.”  Before the evangelistic meeting started, I happened to give spiritual counsel to two Japanese people who were learning Korean.  When Mr. Ito, who went to Soka Gakkai International, said, “I’m in such mental anguish and trouble that I suffer from insomnia.  Is it possible for me to be saved?”  I answered, “Yes, you can be saved.”  I was surprised at this request for spiritual counsel, because this was what he said on the phone when he first wanted to learn Korean here: “Is your class related to the Unification Church?  I won’t learn Korean if that’s so.”  I said, “No, it has nothing do with the Unification Church.  You can find out about it on the Internet.”  It was amazing to see the wonderful providence of God guide this person, who had withdrawn himself from religious issues, to ask for spiritual counsel just one week before the evangelistic meeting.  It was also marvelous that Mr. Torii, who had had no interest in religion, began to devote his attention to God, faith and the Bible.  I am looking to see how those who have attended this evangelistic meeting will change in the future.  May God perform greater wonders, so that He will be glorified and Fukui Church will be filled with happiness.하나님의 휘파람사진2.JPG

During the evangelistic meeting

하나님의 휘파람사진1.JPG

In front of Fukui Church after the evangelistic meeting

침례식모습.JPG

The baptismal service