나팔을 들어서 불라

4 11 안식일, 우리는 복잡한 공업도시인 안산에서 있었던 특별한 집회에 참석했다. 안산에 있는 외국인선교센터는 다른 안식일과는 비교되는 특별한 날이었다. 이나, 영어교회와 몽골교호가 창립되었다. 서중한 합회장 황춘광 목사를 비롯한 서중한합회 임원들이 참석하여 자리를 빛냈다. 황춘광 합회장은 하나님께서 몽골에서 어떻게 당신의 백성들을 불러 내셨는지에 대해 감동적인 이야기를 전했다. 몽골에 복음이 처음으로 들어가게 것은 17 전이었다. 1993년에 얻은 명의 적은 인원으로 시작하여 오늘날 1,000명을 훨씬 넘어선다. 커다란 일은 작은 일에서 시작됨을 다시 확인했다. 북아시아태평양지회 세계선교부장 권정행 목사는 아주 시의적절한 말씀을 전했다. 목사는 기별을 전하는 나팔이 어떻게 사용되었는가를 보여주었다. 고대 이스라엘 백성들은 나팔을 크게 불어 진동에 의해 귀머거리도 나팔을 듣고 기별을 이해할 있었다.

나는 한국으로 파송된 1000 선교사이다. 집을 떠난 다섯 달쯤 되는 나는 필리핀에 두고 가족과 친구들과 나눈 교제가 그립다. 언어를 이해할 없고 문화와 음식의 적응이 힘든 나라에 산다는 것은 사람을 외롭게 만든다. 예배 순서를 모두 이해할 있는 특별히 설교를 알아들을 있는 안식일의 예배가 그립다. 때로는 하나님께서 내게 맡기신 사명을 하지 못할 같은 생각이 들기도 한다. 내가 가르치는 학생들에게 예수님께서 어떤 분이신지 그리고 그분을 알고 섬기는 것이 얼마나 기쁜 일인지를 알려주고 싶다. 내가 가르치는 학생들 대부분이 예수님에 대해서 모르고 있다.

그리워하던 성도의 교제를 안산에서 나눌 있었다. 우리들과 외국인들에게 전도해야 필요를 느낀다. 그들이 외국에서 어떻게 느끼고 있는 이해가 간다. 우리가 그들의 필요를 모두 충족시켜 수는 없을지라도 우리가 예수 그리스도를 통해서 경험한 평화와 사랑을 나눔으로 그들의 필요를 채워줄 있을 것이며 진실로 그들에게 위로가 것이다. 찬양과 말씀으로 그들을 섬길 , 하나님의 사랑의 따사로움과 하나님의 가족의 사랑을 느낄 있을 것이다. 이주민 근로자 선교센터를 통해서 외국인들은 나팔소리를 듣고 느끼게 것이다. 그들이 하나님의 사랑과 자비에 대해서 더욱 많이 배우게 것이다. 그들이 한국에서 일을 마치고 집으로 돌아갈 그들이 한국에서 만난 하나님을 저들의 부모님들과 친구들과 함께 나누게 것이다. 선교사들이 하는 일이 나팔소리처럼 강하게 들리지만은 않을 것이다. 그럼에도 불구하고, 사람들은 항상 그들의 가슴에 전율을 느낀다. 자신이 오늘의 기별로 말미암아 위로를 받았다. 내가 한국어로 말하거나 듣지 못할 수도 있고, 크고 강한 나팔소리를 분별하지 못할 수도 있을 것이다. 그럼에도 불구하고 주위에 있는 이들이 나의 행실을 나타나는 울림을 보게 되기를 바라고 기도드린다. 하나님의 은혜로 우리가 갖고 있는 모든 기회와 모든 방법을 동원하여 나팔 소리를 내자. 예수께서 오실 때에 나팔소리가 울려퍼질 것이다. 땅에 있는 모든 사람들이 듣고 느낄 있도록 힘차게 나팔을 불어야 한다.

안산에 있는 이주민선교센터를 위해 그리고 새로 창립된 영어교회와 몽골교회를 위해 기도드리자. 하나님께서 모두와 함께 하시기를 바란다.

Sounding the "Trumpets"

We were privileged to be invited to witness a special event in a busy and industrialized city of Ansan. April 11, 2009 was a very special day and different from other Sabbaths that they have had in the SDA Migrants Mission Center in Ansan.  On this day, the English and Mongolian churches were established. Pastor Hwang ChunKwang, President of the WCKC, together with other officials, graced the occasion. He gave an inspiring message on how God called His people in Mongolia. I learned from his message how missionary works started in that unentered territory 17 years ago. Resulting in only three souls as their first baptism, it led to more than a thousand today.  It reminded me that great things start from small beginnings. Pastor Kwon JohngHaeng, Director of Adventist Mission of the Northern Asia-Pacific Division, gave a timely message. He showed us the different ways trumpets were used to deliver different messages. People of ancient times, would blow the trumpets so strong and loud even deaf people could feel its vibrations. Hence, they could understand the message being delivered.

I was assigned in Korea as a missionary under the 1000 Missionary Movement. Away from home for nearly five months now, I missed the kind of fellowship that I had with my family and friends in the Philippines. In a country where I can’t understand the language and need to adjust to the different culture and food, it is quite lonesome. I missed Sabbath worship where I could understand every part of the program especially the message. Likewise, I missed the times when I could participate in discussions and have parts in the programs.  I sometimes feel that I’m not able to do the commission that God has given me.  How I wish that I can share with my students who Jesus is and the joy of knowing and serving Him. Most of them don’t know about God.

In Ansan, however, we’re able to experience that kind of fellowship. We felt the need to reach out to these foreigners like us. For we know how they feel in a foreign land. We may not be able to meet all their needs, but by sharing to them the peace and love that we experience through Jesus Christ, it is quite comforting.  Ministering to them through songs and God’s words, they can feel the warmth and love of God’s extended family. I believe that through SDA Migrants Mission Center, foreigners are able to hear and feel the “trumpets.”  They will learn more about God’s love, His grace and mercies that are ever new for each one of us. When they go back to their own countries, they can share to their families and friends how they met God. Missionary works are not always heard as strong and deafening as a trumpet. In spite of that, people would always feel the ‘vibrations’ in their hearts. I myself am comforted by the message. I may not be able to speak or understand the Korean language or “blow the trumpets” so loud and strong. Nevertheless, I hope and pray that people around me will feel the “vibrations” through my deeds. By God’s grace, let us sound our “trumpets” in every way we can and in every opportunity that we have. As sound of trumpets precedes Jesus’ second coming, let it be strong and loud that all the inhabitants of this earth will hear the sound and feel the vibrations.

Let us pray for the SDA Migrants Mission Center in Ansan and for the newly established English and Mongolian Church and its members. God bless everyone!

Jenyveemoticon