“The Bible”

106.JPG

“ Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful” Joshua 1: 8

I told my students about the importance of the Bible to my life and how it changed me. They listened to me but I didn’t know exactly if it influence them or not, I just keep on praying that it will somehow reach their hearts and the Holy Spirit will continue to work in them.

One morning before we had our devotional my student shared their experiences during the weekend and one student told me. “I’m now starting to read the Bible because you said so”. Upon hearing it, it gave me unexplainable joy. I thank God that the simple reminders that I did to let them know about the importance of the Bible touched them and motivated them to read it. I know it is just a start to let them know about God. The Holy Spirit will work in them. They will know more about God as they will seek Him through his word.

We can also let others know how God’s word helps us and inspires us. In that simple way we might lead others to seek God and know Him more through the Bible.

“Dear God help me to be a living instrument to let others know about you and encourage others to read your words and meditate on it each day.”

by: Mae Gladys Samson

34th Batch Missionary