And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. Genesis 1:31, NIV

autumn.jpg?w=529&h=377

Fall. Autumn. It’s my favorite season. I just can’t help but adore the vibrant color, yet melancholic foliage around this time.

dsc04233.jpgLiving in a tropical country, I could only appreciate its beauty on TV and in pictures. I never thought that I would have a chance to actually experience its captivating charm. How I love it when the leaves are slowly changing their colors! From lush green to yellow, to orange, to red, and finally, to brown.

One Friday afternoon, we decided to go around our neighborhood to take pictures while the leaves are still yellow. My companions were busy taking pictures when suddenly a thought came into my mind and it impressed me so much. Looking from afar, the trees are so beautiful and captivating. But when you come near, they are nothing but dying leaves.

dsc04238.jpgEven though the leaves are dying, they still show unmatched beauty until the last leaf fall. The trees are not dead, they’re just quietly, patiently waiting for the cold season to pass and anxiously waiting for the spring.

This made me reflect about God’s love for humanity. He created a perfect world for us, but sin marred its beauty. Every dying, falling leaf causes sorrow in our hearts. A feeling to remind us of the pain caused by sin. However, it is not enough to impress in our minds how dreadful and abhorrent sin is.

In spite of the unpleasantness caused by sin in nature, God still preserved its beauty. Even in death we can still see the beauty of His love for us. God has woven the color of hope of life, through His Son Jesus, in each leaf on its way to death. God He didn’t leave us without hope. It was never God’s purpose for us to experience death.

There is beauty in crown of thorns.

There is beauty in a rusty nail.

Even in an old rugged cross.

There is beauty in Calvary.

There is beauty in death,

For in it is found my Hope, my Salvation.

- Jenyve B. Ibanez

Jenyveemoticon