A Country Without A Cross

I just arrived from Shanghai, China.  The trip was pleasant though the rain was pouring cats and dogs during our stay there.  It was a nice and happy time to be reunited with my brother and his family after an interim. 

However, what shocked me there was when Sabbath came.  It was really a surprise and I felt sad that we couldn't find a church anywhere around.  Even a cross symbol to remind the people of Christ's love, grace and salvation is not visible.  I inquired but no one knows where a Seventh-day Adventist Church could be found.  Even my brother had no idea where to lead us to attend a church on Sabbath.  We prayed instead and worship God in our own simple way.

In my very short stay there, how I wanted to tell the people how wonderful life is with Jesus.  I feel  deep sympathy because I found most of them lost in the darkness cast by the shadow of their ancient beliefs and ideologies.  But I believe, one day, as long as we keep praying and do something for the Lord, the Word of God will shine so bright and lead the people in China to find the real meaning of Life and its essence if only they would believe in Jesus and accept Him as their Saviour.

Few missionaries are in mainland China so to speak - but because of  communism as the system of their government - they have a hard time in spreading the Gospel openly.  But "for God nothing is impossible,"  Luke 1:37. Let's keep praying earnestly for the missionaries in China - may the Lord bless the work there  so that more souls will be lead in the path of God's glory and grace.  And hoping for a time to come that any one can just find a church, overflowing with church members,  in every corner of China waiting for Christ's second coming.