everlasting-gospels.gif

Ellen White At Minneapolis: Let Jesus Come In -1

letter-text.gif
line.gif
guide_img.gif

September 23-E. G White At Minneapolis: Let Jesus Come In-1

guide_img.gif

line.gif

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father,... [that you might] know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Eph. 3:14-19, RSV.

Ellen White's emphasis at Minneapolis was not some new teaching on some aspect of Adventist theology, but rather a call for Adventism to uplift and practice basic Christianity. "My burden during the meeting," she wrote, "was to present Jesus and His love before my brethren, for I saw marked evidences that many had not the spirit of Christ" (MS 24, 1888).

"Faith in Christ as the sinner's only hope," she noted, "has been largely left out, not only of the discourses given but of the religious experience of very many who claim to believe the third angel's message. At this meeting I bore testimony that the most precious light had been shining forth from the Scriptures in the presentation of the great subject of the righteousness of Christ connected with the law, which should be constantly kept before the sinner as his only hope of salvation....

"The standard by which to measure character is the royal law. The law is the sin detector. By the law is the knowledge of sin. But the sinner is constantly being drawn to Jesus by the wonderful manifestation of His love in that He humiliated Himself to die a shameful death upon the cross. What a study is this! Angels have striven, earnestly longed, to look into the wonderful mystery. It is a study that can tax the highest human intelligence, that man, fallen, deceived by Satan, taking Satan's side of the question, can be conformed to the image of the Son of the infinite God. That man shall be like Him, that, because of the righteousness of Christ given to man, God will love man--fallen but redeemed--even as He loved His Son....

"This is the mystery of godliness. This picture is of the highest value to be placed in every discourse, to be hung in memory's hall, to be uttered by human lips, to be traced by human beings who have tasted and known that the Lord is good, to be meditated upon, to be the groundwork of every discourse" (ibid.).

Let Jesus come in. If Ellen White could only give us one piece of advice from the 1888
meetings, that would be it.

line.gif
guide_img_bottom.gif guide_img_bottom.gif

Let's choose to let Him in right now before we rise from this reading.

line.gif