TEN LEPERS

Happy Sabbath!
Have you seen a leper before?
A leper is a man who is sick of leprosy.  Leprosy long, long time ago, especially during the time of Jesus was incurable.  Even doctors that time couldn't find a medicine to cure it.  People long ago also think that if you are a leper you are very dirty and no one cares for a leper. 

But my story is not only about one leper... it is about TEN LEPERS.  Just imagine ten lepers together!  Oh, no one takes care to these sick people.  They couldn't stay home and sleep in a very nice bed.  They feel so bad and hungry and lonely.  They have to stay far away from people outside the city.  At night, when it's cold they snuggle together to keep warm.  They sleep anywhere and find anything to eat.  They couldn't go in the city where there were many people beause people stone them to drive them away.  Poor ten lepers - they are left to die for nobody cares for them.
10-lepers-slide1.jpg

One day, one leper heard about Jesus.  He told the other nine lepers that Jesus is a very good man and He can even heal lepers.  So day and night, they watch and waited for Jesus.  Then early one morning they heard someone shouting.  Jesus is passing by!  Jesus is going to Jerusalem!  Hurriedly, they went to the place as close as they can to see Jesus.  They feel so excited.  'If only we can meet Jesus - we could be healed', says one leper. 'Oh, I really want to go home - I want to be healed,' another leper said. 

Soon, a big crowd came and hardly can they see Jesus' face.  'Oh no!, how can we come close to Jesus?'  They couldn't come really close to other people for they smell bad and dirty.  One leper however, started to shout.  'Jesus! Jesus, over here!'  Hmmm... the people around Jesus are so many that one leper's voice couldn't be heard.  Then, very loudly, the ten lepers called Jesus.  'Jesus, over here!  Please help us!'  When the people heard the loud voices of the lepers - they started to run away from them.  Then Jesus, healed the ten lepers.

People were amazed.  The ten lepers are all healed!  Then, hurriedly the ten started to run.  Some were shouting, 'I am healed!, I am healed!'  The healed lepers were so excited to go home and see their families.  Oh!, they want to hug their kids or eat delicious food or do many things they missed. 
10-lepers-slide2.jpg
While the people were watching the ten lepers scurrying away, one of the ten suddenly turn around and knelt down in front of Jesus and said, 'Thank you Jesus for making me well again!'  10-lepers-slide3.jpg

Jesus felt so happy eventhough one leper remembered to thank Him.  There were ten lepers, right?, but only one said 'Thank you to Jesus.'

Children, we have to thank Jesus all the time.  We should not forget to say thank you for the blessings that we have.  Always say, 'Thank you Jesus', before you eat, before you go to bed, when you wake up in the morning and all the time.

Ephesians 5:20 says, "Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus, Christ."