Yomitan Church, Japan

Lee EunJeong (Pastor Kim KwangSung’s wife)

The phone rang as the Sabbath was drawing near.  It was Mrs. Sasaki, a student in my Korean language class.  She asked, “Can a nonbeliever go to church?  Is it possible to go there once in a while instead of every week?”  That’s how she began going to church.  It happened on a Sabbath day in October 2005.

When the Korean language class opened in Yomitan Church back in January of the same year, her friend suggested attending this class after she saw the banner in front of the church.  She enrolled in May and began to be interested in church after the evangelistic meeting in June.

There had been class twice a week, and enthusiastic students attended, getting used to the banners on display in and around the church and the pamphlets for the evangelistic meeting. They were particularly interested in the Golden Angels, who were in charge of the music ministry.  And God must have been with the schedule of this evangelistic meeting.  A time for Korean language students was prepared on Monday, the health message was presented on Tuesday and Wednesday, and the gospel message was given from Thursday to Saturday.  The Korean language students that were really interested in Korea eventually attended the meeting every day because they were so touched by the Golden Angels’ music that they listened to the health message on Tuesday and Wednesday just to hear them sing.  One of them was baptized that Sabbath, which made Mrs. Sasaki become interested in God, church and faith.

She has been coming to church almost every Sabbath, except when she is extremely busy.  I often think that she is the very soul God has prepared.  She has many friends around her because she is always considerate of others and leads a diligent life every day.  When she noticed that I was too busy to make kimchi, she used what she had learned to make it herself and brought it to us every week for almost a month.  She also bought flowers, planted them in the flower bed of the church, and took good care of them whenever she came to church.  There are so many things that impressed me about her that I can’t write them all down here.  Finally, she was born again as a daughter of God on September 2, 2006.  What a touching Sabbath!

God’s blessing came again three weeks later.  She looked very beautiful when she came to the evangelistic meeting on September 17 with the friends she had invited.  I am grateful to God for the privilege to have met her.  Two more souls were baptized on September 23, the final Sabbath of the evangelistic meeting.  They had attended the evangelistic meeting with Mrs. Sasaki last year, had fellowship for almost a year and finally decided to get baptized at the end of this evangelistic meeting. They, too, took a step forward to God, making up their minds right after Mrs. Sasaki did.  I just can’t help thanking God for His providence and for guiding them here.  I give glory to God and pray that He will do more wonderful things through them.사사키타쯔에 침례사진.jpg

The baptismal service of Sasaki

미야자토케이코,오오시로미에 침례식.jpg

A baptismal service after the evangelistic meeting