It really was a historical event. Until several years ago, it had been beyong our imagination to have a public evangelism by a foreign speaker. Even today, many part of the country, it is still impossible. The Lord blessed me and the members to have a series of evangelistic meetings during the Asian New Year's day break, starting form February 3 to 5 in one of the mid size cities in China. 800 members met on the New Year's day. It was amazing!

슬라이드1.JPG

Night view of the church where the evangelism met. 

슬라이드2.JPG Evangelism was planned to start at nine in the new year day's morning. As I arrived at the church twenty minutes minutes to nine, there were not many coming to the meeting place as I observed from the outside. But to my surprise, as I stepped in the church, it was already fully packed with the members! How is it possible on the first day of the new year day holidays, usually almost all of Chinese are meeting together with their family members. They are here in the church to enjoy their family reunion with their bigger family members.

슬라이드3.JPG

The members began to come to church from seven o'clock to join the meeting which was scheduled nine in the morning! They were thirsty and hungry for the living bread of the Lord. My eyes were really blessed to see these people.

슬라이드4.JPG

The title for the whole series was "I've Got Peace like a River" 平安如河充滿心

슬라이드5.JPG

In the beginnig of the meeting, a handicapped gentleamn on a wheelchair found his place on the middle of the aisle.

슬라이드6.JPG

But nine o'clock, scheduled time to start, on time comers were not able to find any empty space other than putting supplementary folding chairs in the aisle. They created two lines of chairs.

슬라이드7.JPG

Translator and speaker

슬라이드8.JPG

When the speaker appealed decision each and every hands were raised.

슬라이드9.JPG 슬라이드10.JPG

The speaker used Chinese paper note as illustration to emaphsize the value of human being, created after His image and likness and purchased by the blood of our Savior. 

슬라이드11.JPG 슬라이드12.JPG 슬라이드14.JPG

When the altar call was made, new comers rushed into the platform

슬라이드15.JPG 슬라이드16.JPG 슬라이드17.JPG

The line didn't seem to quit. It was the work of the Holy Spirit.

슬라이드18.JPG

A fervent prayer was offered for the new believers.

슬라이드19.JPG슬라이드21.JPG

Spring does not come in a day. But no matter how slow spring comes, it is approaching rapidly much faster than we think. Like spring time comes from the south, warm wind from the south will warm whole continent.

First day, I spoke four sermons to the same congregation, twice on the second day and another two sermons on the last day, eight sermons altogether. 
I have never seen such a faithful listeners like these people. None of those lost his or her consentration through out the meetings.

They remember this series as the first meeting with a non-Chines speaker in English translated in Chinese. But it is only a beginning. The day will come soon, "for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea." Isaiah 11:9