everlasting-gospels.gif
letter-text.gif
line.gif
guide_img.gif

December 8 - He is Coming Again!

guide_img.gif

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. Rev. 22:12. {TMK 348.1}

Was Christ a false prophet when He uttered these words? More than eighteen hundred years have passed since John heard this great truth, and the Lord has not yet come to reign. But shall we give up looking for His appearance? Shall we say, "My lord delayeth his coming"? {TMK 348.2}

"And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints" (Jude 14). . . . The doctrine of Christ's coming was made known at this early date to the man who walked with God in continual communion. The godly character of this prophet is to represent the state of holiness to which the people of God must attain who expect to be translated to heaven. . . . {TMK 348.3}

Shall we say we have been deceived in regard to the doctrine of Christ's near coming? . . . Shall we say that all our work to make ready a people prepared for His coming has been for nought? Never. . . . "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; . . . and let us consider one another to provoke"--unto doubts and unbelief, and apostasy? No, but "unto love and to good works: not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, . . . but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching" (Heb. 10:23-25). {TMK 348.4}

We must have a knowledge of the Scriptures, that we may trace down the lines of prophecy and . . . see that the day is approaching, so that with increased zeal and effort we may exhort one another to faithfulness. . . . Give up our faith? lose our confidence? become impatient? No, no. We will not think of such a thing. . . . See how the specifications of the prophecies have been and are fulfilling. Let us lift up our heads and rejoice, for our redemption draweth nigh. It is nearer than when we first believed. Shall we not wait patiently, filled with courage and faith? Shall we not make ready a people to stand in the day of final reckoning? {TMK 348.5}