(2)새 연합회 건물.New NECAT Bldg..JPG
New Union Building

(3)새 연합회 교회.New NECAT Church.JPG
Congo Union Conference Church

(4)새 연합회 건물 뒷편.Rear of NECAT New Office.JPG
Rear Side of Union Building

(5)콩고 고마시 응강기 교회.Ngangi SDA Church,Goma, Congo DR..JPG
Ngangi Adventist Church in Congo

(6) 2001년 화산 폭발. 교회 파손.대총회가  지어줌.2001 Volcano destroyed everything. GC rebuilt this Church..JPG
When volcano destroyed everything in 2001, GC rebuilt this building

(7)새로지은 응강기 교회.New Ngangi SDA Church today..JPG
New Ngangi Church

(8)꽉 찬 1월3일 cjtqjs dkstlrdlf.안식일. Jan.3,2009 First Sabbath,fully packed..JPG

(9)힘찬 성가대.Powerful choir..JPG

(10)신년 첫 안식일 대예배 기도.New Year First Sabbath First Prayer..JPG

(11)최영일 목사님 어린이용 의자 약속.Ps Choi, Young Il,Korea,promised wooden bench for children..JPG

(13)최영일 목사님 성경과 찬미가 약속.Korean Pastor Choi,Y.L promised Bibles and Hymnals..JPG

(14)잿덤이에서 다시 일어선 교회.Revived from ashes of Volcano into lively Church..JPG

(15)하나님께 찬양하는 교회.Praising the Lord for His Blessings..JPG

The First Sabbath of the Year 2009:  Mission Report 2009-1

A few days ago, you have received a last Mission Report of 2008 on the Last Sabbath of 2008 at “Mutiri SDA Church”, Butembo, Congo DR. This was where I was born as a missionary and therefore, my home town.

Someone I know of at GC has written to me a few days ago;

“It is always amazing to look back over a year and see the wonderful things that God has done for us!  And when we look backward, we can then look forward in faith that God will protect, strengthen and sustain us in the days to come—which I believe will only carry more tribulation. “

2008 will never come again, and there is “NO” tomorrow except the Second Coming of Jesus!  Tomorrow never comes.  It is ONLY today.  Therefore, 2009 is TODAY.

Witnessing is Today, not tomorrow.  Accepting Jesus in your heart is Today.

Jesus did NOT mean to “Go, therefore…” tomorrow. Jesus meant to GO TODAY!  “The Ends of the Earth” business is today. “To every tribe” business is today.

If these were for tomorrow, Jesus will do it Himself. Because it were (not was) Today, He told us to GO.
That is why we are Happy Today, and FREE today because we know His Blessing is There Already and it is Today.

Went to “Goma”, a city famous world-wide for its Volcanic eruption in 2001 at “Nyirigongo” Peak, just north of Goma, to prepare “BMW” missionaries visits to Rwanda and Burundi. And this is where “Union” (NECAT; North East Congo Attached Territory) office is, and I was invited to share time on the First Sabbath, on “Acts 1”, 1st day of “Week of Prayer” by Pastor Makulambizia, President of NECAT, who kindly has interpreted.

“Nyirigongo” eruption has devastated this city but fortunately lava was so slow in coming down that everyone had time to flee. Lava finally end up into “Kivu” lake and there was no fish for so many years. Some photos were attached to show you GC has re-built NECAT office.

As we were entering “Ngangi SDA Church”, we can witness this city of lava, all black stones of Lava.  “Ngangi” was re-built by GC Risk Management along with 2-3 other churches. The church was jam packed, Choir very powerful with full of spirit and HOPE, and we can tell everyone was looking forward for NEW 2009.  And I had to tell them: “…you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you,…you shall be witness to Me…to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)

This was so powerful; there is no secret formula, simply reliance on the Holy Spirit to help.

Along with Matthew 28:19-20, these are what make us Missionaries get going and  “Go”,  “make disciples”,  “power”,  ”the Holy Spirit”,  “witness”,  “end of the earth”,  “every tribe”…these are not strange anymore, became part of our body already.

You will see Congo children with beautiful eyes sitting directly in front right side of the alter on photos. Congo children do not cry, nor make noises during Divine Service and this was told also by Pastor PD Chun who has visited for a month and a half in 2008 in Congo. I only felt sorry for they were sitting on a cold concrete floor for so long. Pastor YI Choi, chaplain of Korea Adventist Hospital has promised wooden benches for them.

As I was to make issue of providing excerpted books of “the Spirit of Prophecy” from EGPA (Everlasting Gospel Publication Association-Korea), people who devoted themselves for distribution of Mrs. White’s books, not many people raised their hands of having “Bibles”. So can we talk about “Spirit of Prophecy” free distribution to those who do not even have the “Words”?

Thank you again Pastor Choi, and he promised to supply soon.

Do I have to do all these as a missionary? I thought I was going to tell people just to believe in Jesus, carrying only one “Bible”, maybe try to build a moderate church and settle down comfortably…AIIAS theology did not teach us how and what to do as a missionary.

As I arrived to Congo, situation was completely different.  I lost confidence. I had to help them somewhat and somehow. Just preaching, per se, God’s Word, literally, only, did not satisfy me. And I took an excuse that Jesus Himself was healing people. Why did He not just preach truths only?

I am telling you, amazing and surprising Blessings from God, more than I expected,  ahead of time,

Bessings were way too much (I thought), I felt like “please God! Take it easy, I can not catch up with you” and so on.(Maybe that’s why someone has composed “Showers of Blessing”)…   these are continued experiences as a missionary.

That is why I am so thankful to Him every moment  as a chosen vessel of Him to bear His name. Amen.

Yang, Seung Chun,

a missionary to Congo, BMW coordinator in Africa.