Saga Church, Japan

Lim BiSon (Pastor Lim GeunSik’s son; Fourth Grade at Kono Elementary School)

I came to Japan for the first time with my dad, mom, and younger brother Ye-son on April 1, 2003.

I was very happy at first because I didn’t have to hear questions from deacons, elders and others around me, such as “Do you really want to go to Japan?  Why are you going there?  What is a missionary supposed to do?”  I still don’t really know what a missionary does yet, though quite a bit of time has passed.  However, I think I’m getting the hang of it as I listen to the stories of missionaries and study the Bible at morning and evening worships.

I’m having fun over here in Japan.  I had no trouble entering elementary school since I learned Japanese in kindergarten and was taught Hiragana and Katakana in a calligraphy class.  Now that I’m in third grade, I feel more comfortable with Japanese than with Korean.  The hardest part for me now is to study Korean with my mom.  But I’m doing my best on it because my parents tell me I should be good at Korean if I want to be a respectable missionary.  I have been reading three chapters of the Korean Bible and copying one chapter of it every day since I entered elementary school.  It’s my pleasure to learn Korean and know much of the Bible by reading and copying it.

I also attend music class every week because I want to serve God in church through music in two or three years.  And I’m doing basic exercises for my health to be a good missionary’s son.   I’m so happy to see my mom and dad worshiping together with Japanese people and reaching out to them.

I’m trying hard to lead more and more of my friends to church these days.  I believe Jesus will help me out with this.  Do you know why?  Because it is the prayer of a young missionary.

1,첫침례식.jpg

The first baptismal service of Saga Church