The morning Manna will be provided at 6am. Thanks.

Studying Ephesians in the SSnet.org series Lesson 10, may the Holy Spirit be the speaker to your heart.

The Topic today is: “Ephesians 5 and Bride preparation by Sanctification through the Word of God studies for Morning Manna of the Sabbath School Lesson Ephesians”.

The Opening Hymn will be 229 "Spirit of the Living God."

The Sabbath School Quarterly, downloadable from SSnet.org in the Teacher's Edition is on page 124.

The SSnet.org site allows anyone, anywhere to read the lesson in their own language. Choose your own language to see God speaking also to your heart.

Why do you not click on this now?

https://www.adultbiblestudyguide.org/pdf.php?file=2023:3Q:SE:PDFs:EAQ323_10.pdf

---Or try in alternative this one:  https://ssnet.org/lessons/23c/less10.html

---How is Christ preparing the bride to Himself?

---Text: “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish” (Ephesians 5:25–27).

---There is a section that reads: “that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word”.

---Let us fill in the words with the theology of the Bible.

---“That He [Christ] might sanctify [process of sanctification that follows justification, the switch on of salvation] and cleanse her with the washing of water [baptism] by the Word [Bible studies].

---“When you catch a fish, you need to scale it” said Adventist preacher Charles D. Brooks.

---When the person is getting for baptism, a series of Word of God studies are given. When the person finished at baptism and Justification is real, sanctification as process is switched on still with the Word of God for the purpose of cleansing the person.

---Does that make sense?

---Many people do not know it but salvation by faith alone without works preacher Martin Luther studied his Bible and used Romans by Paul for his debate with the Catholics.

---That part they know, what they do not know is that when he translated the book of Revelation, the last book in the Word of God, he said in the preface in 1522,  “About this Book of the Revelation of John, I leave everyone free to hold his own opinions. I would not have anyone bound to my opinion or judgment. I say what I feel. I miss more than one thing in this book, and it makes me consider it to be neither apostolic nor prophetic.
First and foremost, the apostles do not deal with visions, but prophesy in clear and plain words, as do Peter and Paul, and Christ in the gospel….

For myself, I think it approximates the Fourth Book of Esdras; I can in no way detect that the Holy Spirit produced it…
Again, they are supposed to be blessed who keep what is written in this book; and yet no one knows what that is, to say nothing of keeping it. This is just the same as if we did not have the book at all. And there are many far better books available for us to keep.
Many of the fathers also rejected this book a long time ago….
Finally, let everyone think of it as his own spirit leads him. My spirit cannot accommodate itself to this book. For me this is reason enough not to think highly of it: Christ is neither taught nor known in it. …Therefore I stick to the books which present Christ to me clearly and purely.

Source: The 1522 “Preface to the Revelation of St. John” in Luther’s translation of the New Testament. Pages 398-399 in Luther’s Works Volume 35: Word and Sacrament I (ed. E. Theodore Bachmann; Philadelphia: Fortress, 1960).

---Welcome to sola scriptura!

---What people do not know is that Martin Luther was influenced by the Jew Rashi (preterist) and by Nicolas de Lyra who died in 1347.

---Nicolas de Lyra was a Franciscan Monk who wrote a commentary on Revelation which is available online in Latin.

---Luther got his idea of the 666 of Revelation 13:18 from De Lyra.

---De Lyra said on page 97[a?] that the 666 years started with the incarnation of Christ and stopped with the death of Mohammed.

---That is not possible because Christ was born in 4 BC and Mohammed died in 632 AD.

---So Luther was not prepared for the book of Revelation for his sanctification.

---But Christ wants us to dig deep into the Bible and study.

---Is your pastor skipping Revelation because of similar reasons as Luther?

---Then there is no sanctification by the Word of God. Correct? ---Ask him to change. If he does not, move. When? Immediately.