African Mission Story 3

koot van wyk (DLitt et Phil; ThD)

Kyungpook National University

Sangju Campus

South Korea

Conjoint lecturer of Avondale College

Australia

29 July 2010

This story is intended for the divine service. It is normally after the taking up of the offerings and just before the sermon. If your church does not have a special story for children and it is time you may try it. Even if there is only one child and even if the child is very small. Invite him to the front. Then invite his friends, the grandfathers and mothers to join him. Finally a whole group of two benches are parked for the story.

The story: (Covered in full in Die Burger 27 July 2010)

This week (July 2010) in South Africa, there was a big problem.

A tiger escaped from his owner's car.

Panjo is his name.

Panjo the tiger was the owner's pet. We may have a dog as a pet but this owner had Panjo the tiger as a pet.

Now he was gone and somewhere between towns and farms hiding.

They looked everywhere and could not find him.

Panjo hid in the forest.

Then he became hungry.

He walked out.

People saw him and were scared.

"No, no," he thought, "do not be scared. I am not a tiger. I am a little kitten of the owner. I am Panjo the baby cat.

Look at me.

I can smile." (Show picture 1).

"I look very friendly, don't I?

Look at my paw. I will wave at you. Do you like it? Very friendly" (Show picture 2).

The man in the car was scared. (Show picture 3)

He called 911.

"Help, help," he says, "a tiger is on the run."

They came with a helicopter and looked for him with infra-red light. (Show picture 4)

They could not find him.

Panjo hid in the forest.

Then they brought a dog and the dog Zinger found Panjo the tiger. (Show picture 5)

His owner came quickly and said: "Panjo, here is some meat for you."

Then he came nearer and he put the strap around his neck. His pet is safe.

"My baby pet," he said. "How I missed you." (Show picture 6).

Application:

We are Jesus pet and we have also changed.

We are no longer tigers but baby kittens.

Jesus loves us dearly.

When we get lost, Satan wants to kill us and comes with his helicopters, but when Jesus found us, He holds us in His arms and says: "how I have missed you!"

afircan story 3 one of six pictures.jpg afircan story 3 two of six pictures.jpg afircan story 3 three of six pictures.jpg afircan story 3 four of six pictures.jpg afircan story 3 five of six pictures.jpg panjo the tiger back july 2010.jpg