African Mission Story 4

koot van wyk (DLitt et Phil; ThD)

Kyungpook National University

Sangju Campus

South Korea

Conjoint lecturer of Avondale College

Australia

6 August 2010

This Story for children is intended for a period of about 10-15 minutes just before the main sermon. We provide here the know-how about the story and some tips to the story-teller.

Remember that the story is history and not just a story. It is real.

1.   You need a Bible.

2.   You need a board of some kind to stick the papers on.

3.   You need tape.

Here is how you prepare:

Copy the pictures given below or print them out.

There are nine pictures.

What to do and say

After arranging the white board at the nearest bench in front, invite the little children to that bench. If there is only one, invite also his grandmother and father, and friends. Soon two benches are filled with happy faces. A good start.

Theme of the Story: Creation in Genesis 1

Welcome the children in the front bench. Count them, asking how many there are today. Count slowly so that they count together. Show with your fingers how many there are.

Children needs counting in education and this is will be educational for them as well.

Week song

Let them all stand up and sing the week song.

Sunday with hands on your head.

Monday with hands on your shoulders.

Tuesday with hand on the sides of the top arms.

Wednesday with hands on the hips.

Thursday on the backside but pretend to get a hiding. The kids laugh and enjoy that part.

Friday on the knees.

Saturday is clapping in the air.

Now the story can start.

A long time ago everything was black. (Point to your suit that is black). God said: "Let there by light". (Take out the first paper and stick it to the board).

God liked it and said: Hooray it is beautiful. I like it.

It was Sunday. (Hold your hands on your head)

Then the days followed: Sunday, Monday (hands on the shoulders).

God said, water water water. I will separate the waters above and below. (Stick paper 2 to the board and pull it down so that it is separated. The paper is folded and reveal the open space of separation). God said: Hooray, it is beautiful, I like it.

Then after Sunday, Monday it was Tuesday. God said: water, separate the water and the land. (Stick paper 3 on the board and pull it to the side so that the earth appear from behind the water. It was folded that way to come out). God said: Hooray, it is beautiful, I like it.

Also on Tuesday God said: I want to make grass, flowers, trees. (Stick the 4th paper to the board). God said: Hooray, it is beautiful, I like it.

Take the Bible in you hand. Tell the kids that if they open the first page of the Bible, this story is there. It really happened.

Return to the story.

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and then Wednesday (hands on the sides).

God made the sun and moon and stars. (Put up paper 5. Point to the stars and begin to sing the song "Twinkle, twinkle little star. The reason is that there are different levels of students in the audience and even if babies are there, the lullaby is pleasant to the their ears). God said: Hooray, they are beautiful, I like it.

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (hands on backside).

God made the fishes. (Put up the 6th paper).

God said: Hooray, they are beautiful, I like it.

Friday. (Hands on the knees).

God made monkeys. (Put up paper 7). They are very hairy. So God made man. (Put up paper 8. Fold it so that the female is behind the man). Adam said, O, I am lonely. So God made the woman. (Pull the paper so that she appear).

God said: Hooray, they are beautiful, I like them.

Then God said: I am finish. I am done. I stop work. No more work. I will rest.

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday (raise hands up since it is a joyful day).

(Put up paper 9). God said that people should rest (Point to the bed and one sleeping there). God said that people should pray. (Point to the man praying). God said that people should go to church.

Thank you God for everything you made and thank you for the day of rest.

Creation for children day 1 Sunday.jpg Creation for children day 2 Monday.jpg Creation for children day 3 Tuesday a.jpg Creation for children day 3 Tuesday b.jpg Creation for children day 4 Wednesday.jpg Creation for children day 5 Thursday.jpg Creation for children day 6 Friday a.jpg Creation for children day 6 Friday b.jpg Creation for children day 7 Saturday.jpg