Scientific updating on Joseph

---It is important for us to keep scientific while working with the Bible.

---The Encyclopedia of Ancient Egypt by Oxford is a good series to keep to the data of these pharaohs in Joseph’s life.I.

---Amenemhet I dates 1991-1962.

---Senuseret I dates 1962-1928

---Amenemhet II dates 1914-1879 (He ruled 35 years following the Oxford Dictionary)

---Senuseret II dates 1879-1871

Based on the Stela Cairo JE 59485, the highest recorded year for this pharaoh is the 8th year (see Göttinger Miszellen article by Thomas Schneider and Mark C. Stone in 1997).

---Senuseret III dates 1871-1843? Do not know exactly the end.

---Amenemhet II dates 1843?-1787

---According to the Encyclopedia listed above, it was Senuseret III who started to close the borders to foreigners. He set up a series of fortresses all over the edge of Egypt.

---He also demoted the higher officials and restructured the powerbase.

---Joseph would have been now close to retirement and thus, although he was still around and well taken care of by the son of his friend, Joseph may not have had authority any longer.

---Senuseret III pruned the tree of power of foreigners. He strongly may not have had any recollection of Joseph like his predecessors. He may have had a referential knowledge of him and permit things for Asians, although he did not like it.

---Amenemhet III who started to reign [according to biblical calculations of not knowing Joseph, from 1848 BC] but the Encyclopedia gives him a 1843? start and finish in 1797 BC.

---So the likelihood that Amenemhet III was the pharaoh who knew not Joseph is greater than the likelihood that Senuseret III did not know him.

---With Amenemhet III all control of the searoutes and trade-routes were controlled by Egypt and the period of colonialism and oppression started that lasted 400 years kicking off at 1848 BC.

CORRIGENDA   It is not 400 years from Exodus to 1 Kings 6:1 but 480 years

It is not 430 years from Sesostris II[death] to Exodus but 400 years.  He died around 1843? according to the Oxford Encyclopedia of Egypt. The data of the Oxford series, includes both Sesostris III and his son Amenemhet III to be suffering and dealing with Xenophobia against Asians.  

---Joseph died in 1878 BC.

---Senuseret III, great-grandson of the friend Pharaoh of Joseph (Senuseret I, the 14 year old boy that made him Prime Minister), had vague recollections of Joseph.

---Scholars are postulating that he ruled until 1850. 

---Others are wondering of 1843 BC as the Oxford Encyclopaedia of Egyptology indicated. 

---Uncertain as to the ending date is better. 

---What is certain is the biblical date of 1848 BC as the starting date of the Oppression. 

---Here is an article in 2022 by a Yale graduate Phd that the Sinaitic Inscriptions of workers in the mines indicate that Semites were working there with Egyptians since Senuseret III.

---Sesostris III or Senuseret III was setting the stage for the Oppression to start in 1848 BC.

---He may or may not have known Joseph already when he became pharaoh in 1871 if Joseph died in 1878 BC. 

---The article deals also with following Pharaohs down into the Oppression period of 400 years that the Bible is recording. Amenemhet III and Amenemhet IV. 

---It is coppermine workers and inscriptions that were analyzed by this scholar.

---Around 1916-1919 many scholars were intrigued by these Sinaitic Inscriptions and of a Sphinx object that was found with the name of Senuseret III on it. It was not clear but this article establishes that it is indeed Senuseret III. Reasons are very convincing albeit that absolute certainty is reserved because of vagueness of letters.. 

---What we are trying to do here, is to be scientific  on the matter of the Umwelt history of Joseph and correctly so. 

---For me this is a necessary article to link towards my own assessment so far to the chronology of Joseph and the pharaohs involved in his life. 

Source of 2022 investigation and evidence supporting

https://www.academia.edu/96844295/THE_PROTO_SINAITIC_INSCRIPTIONS_AT_SERABIT_EL_KHADIM_IN_THEIR_ARCHAEOLOGICAL_CONTEXT_DATE_AND_FUNCTION

See also the article by A. H. Sayce, The Origin of the Semitic Alphabet. .

http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0035869X00148178

the Cambridge Core Terms of Use, available at http://www.cambridge.org/core/terms.

Downloaded from http://www.cambridge.org/core. New York University Libraries, on Dec 18, 2016 at 04:35:2