Approximate Faith and Approximate Science is not enough

by koot van wyk                     Seoul           South Korea              17 February 2008

If my navigation through life depends on approximation of truth in the Bible and approximation of truth in science with science socalled correcting what the Bible does not know of, then my direction is an approximation and meaning in life is also an approximation and then the question is: where am I heading approximately?

The reality is that science is just an approximation of knowledge but the Bible is absolute revealed fragments of a total reality or knowledge that we still can know or will know later about. The fragments are sufficient for our salvation.

Science or the Bible is the wrong question or wrong alternative.

If I were to tell someone that on a piece of dust, a dust particle, there are five continents and 3 trillion people and four or five oceans. Would they believe it?

What if I say that one of those 3 trillion people is a university professor who teaches evolution since he knows how everything was made.

How about we approach the dust and discover how everything was made?

How about we learn that is the only way things were made and no other way.

It is quite an important dust particle!

What awesome knowledge a dust particle have!

How incredible the technological advancement on the dust particle.

In fact, I do not want anyone to tell me any different a way of origin than this evolution science professor at a university on one of the five continents of this dust particle.

What if you as a human being look at the dust particle and tell the dust particle, you are too optimistic. There are things you do not know. Your sphere of knowledge is only in the range of 30 cm around the dust particle.

Is 30 cm around the dust particle enough knowledge to construct or reconstruct a model of how everything originated?

What would you answer the dust particle?

The question is not what is our origin but where are we.

The size of the earth next to Arcturus is invisible if Arcturus is the size of an orange. If the sun is the size of an orange then the earth is the size of a mustard seed. If Antares is the size of an orange then the sun is 1 pixel and the earth is invisible.

The question is, where are we?

With such enormity of facts, I prefer not to follow science for an answer due to its limitation but follow the Biblical Revelation which provides scope of a macro proportion of which general science is only a mere dust particle. This is only the macro-universe, we have not yet talked about the micro-universe.

Therefore, I prefer to be fundamentalistically careful of what I see in the originals of the Bible and take it seriously, even its chronology. That also for EGW who acquire her approximation of 6000 years also from the same source.

Yes, EGW cannot say in 2009 that the earth is 6000 years old.

It is actually 1656 years from Adam to Noah, Noah been 2523 BCE and we 2009 = 6188 years in 2009.

The navigation of the Bible is far greater than the navigation of modern technology or modern science. Science is known to have made mistakes and still do, but the Bible has no such problems because it is the Word of God in human garments but edited by God to be sufficient.

End item