You will notice that the latest writers of archeology and the Bible are but narrow when it comes to the chronology or history of Joseph. Without naming names or saying how since 1978 we have come to the clinical "death" of biblical history when we talk about archaeology, let me look for Joseph and find him. Thank you.

Did you know that from the Law on Sinai to the death of Joseph earlier, is exactly 430 years. Not plus or minus. Counted exactly. If you know what the date of the Exodus was, subtract two years to Sinai and behold, the date of death of Joseph.

There is a text that says that in the fourth year of Solomon it was 480 years exactly until the year of the Exodus. That year was 970 B.C.

When they told me at Vryheid Highschool, choose Mathematics or Bible for your major, I chose Bible. Sorry. So be warned to calculate for yourself.

Joseph lived to be 110 years old. Where are we now for his date of birth? 1988 BC. He was 17 (in 1971 BC) when he was sold and 30 when he became Prime Minister, in 1958 BC. The seven good years were between 1958 to 1951 BC. In 1950 BC, Jacob came to Egypt and told the Pharaoh that he was 130 years old. It's just background. Now we come to the story. At the age of 27 years in 1961/1960 BC, Joseph ended up in prison. In 1959/1958 BC he was remembered by one of the two who were in prison together. The drought lasted until the end of 1944 BC.

A certain Von Beckerath studied the Egyptian Pharaohs of the time in 1995. Sesostris I ruled from 1971-1928 BC. His father was Amenemes I. Scholars say that the scribes of that time often counted the single ruling number together with the co-ruling number. One has to pay attention to that, they say. At 10 years old (Sesostris I), Amenemes I died (1962 BC) imprisoning Joseph, and Joseph appeared before Sesostris I when Sesostris I was only 14 years old.

As a result of the honor that Sesostris I showed to Joseph in making him Prime Minister, Joseph says in Genesis 45:8 "And He [God] made me a father to Pharaoh and ruler over his full house".

Let's look for texts from the same time as Joseph and Sesostris I or the 12th dynasty.

Papyri dating from the time of Joseph have been published by LI. Griffith in 1898. These are called the Petrie Papyri. It comes from Kahun and Garob, two places in Egypt.

The death of Amenmehat I was still fresh in the minds of the people when they sent Sesostris I a Kahun Papyrus letter around 1951/1950 BC. In the letter they ask for seed. In letter 2 it is about moving the seed. The move of the grain is from the Storerooms of the king to the writer of the letter. In letter 4 they also ask that grain be moved from the storehouses of the Pharaoh Sesostris I to themselves. They commemorate the death of Amemenhat I, the father of Sesostris I in 1962 BC.

A certain D. Bright wrote a doctorate in 2005 on Burial Stelae of the 12th Dynasty. This is the time we are talking about here.

Likewise, in 1941 a certain Bennett studied the inscriptions on stelae of Sesostris I but also of his father and his own successor Amenmehat II and then the Pharaoh who did not know Joseph, Sesostris III who began to rule about 1850 BC, 400 years before the Law was given at Sinai in 1448 BC.

In the days of Sesostris I and Joseph it was the style on the funerary stelae to focus on the owner who received the gifts at his funeral and he is expressly named in the stela. But after Sesostris I's death they only honored the soul, not the owner.

This change came in the time of Sesostris III. The focus was only on the soul and the gods and superstition, not the owner of the gifts. The individual person has disappeared from the community. There was a progressive shift from interest in the beautiful things of man to superstitious supernatural interest. The role of the family can be seen in the pictures on the stelae. It was family oriented in Joseph's days in Sesostris I's time. The figures are overweight in the days of Amenemhat I and Sesostris I but in the days of Sesostris III they were organ pipes. I'm also overweight, so I don't throw stones. The dog as a pet is seen under the table in Sesostris I's days, but is not visible at all in Sesostris III's (the Pharaoh who did not know Joseph) pictures. In the days of Sesostris I and his successor Amenemhat II, men and women smelled flowers as you can see in the pictures. Such a role for women in Sesostris III's days was impossible. Remember, Biblically, the time of slavery began in the time of Sesostris III. It makes sense, doesn't it?

Family portraits can be seen on the pictures of the funerary stelae of Sesostris I and Amenemhat II but the Pharaoh of the Tribulation, Sesostris III no longer shows any intimate family ties. We are talking about the Bible that says Joseph was there and it was a beautiful time and then he was no longer there and things got ugly.

Don't tell me I didn't want to teach you Egyptian. The language that Joseph spoke is Ancient Egyptian and the language that Moses spoke is Middle Egyptian. Small differences between them. If I don't tell you, who will?

A study was done on the phrases on stela by a certain R. Landgráfová in 2007 who also used many phrases that we find in Joseph's report. Just like Joseph, a young man of 26 was appointed by Senuseret I/Sesostris I to be someone in the court's friend. He could see that his friend who worked for Senuseret I was great with plans and sharp of tongue and someone who came from a very wise mother. (Berlin text 1204 line 22). In one text, the person says "I fed my brothers" (Cracow MNK-XI-999, line 8).

Just as Joseph packed his father's house full of wealth, so a text from the days of Sesostris I tells the same.

One person tells of his experience during the drought. "I buried a dead one and fed a living one during the drought that came" (Cracow MNK-XI-999, 9).

One person tells how he organized the administration better so that it is better than before (Cairo 20543, lines 11-13). He says that he was in the palace for a long time, for years, and nothing bad ever happened. It could have been one of Joseph's friends. But he doesn't say that. Can someone pull her ear?

One of the palace workers said that he was the seal-bearer of Sesostris I. He said that he was the second in command in the great wide hall of the king Sesostris I (Cairo 20538, verso line 1). Where is the name Joseph? We almost touch Joseph. Is it not true?

Another worker of Sesostris I writes that he invented new things when there was a void (Landgráfová, R. [2007]: 180). Another said that he was a magistrate who could untie (solve) knots (problems). So Sesostris I appointed him. Can someone tell us that he is Joseph? I sit on the edge of my chair.

I was very trusted, says one worker (Landgráfová, R. (2007): 179). My role is to control the country from above and below Egypt, says another official. Was he one of Joseph's trusted officials? (Landgráfová, R. [2007]: 181)

One official says that great important people came to bow before him (Landgráfová, R. [2007]: 182). Give me, my hat and coat. I'm going to walk now. All the things that happened to Joseph happened to officials in the days of Sesostris I.

It makes a difference if the Administration of a government has a dedicated believer just under the king. The whole group dynamic of the administration is relaxed, calm, enjoyable, and more productive and creative. isn't it?