The morning Manna will be provided at 6am. Thanks.

Studying Psalms in the SSnet.org series Lesson 1, may the Holy Spirit be the speaker to your heart.

The Topic today is: “Ancient Israel’s use of the Psalms and how to determine the use of it.

The Opening Hymn will be 229 "Spirit of the Living God."

The Sabbath School Quarterly, downloadable from SSnet.org in the Teacher's Edition is on pages 6.

The SSnet.org site allows anyone, anywhere to read the lesson in their own language. Choose your own language to see God speaking also to your heart.

Why do you not click on this now?

https://www.adultbiblestudyguide.org/pdf.php?file=2024:1Q:TE:PDFs:ETQ124_01.pdf

---We are asked in the lesson to read Psalm 18. In my Guide I provided an academic discussion of this Psalm.

---For all, I can say that Psalm 18 originated in the exile but it is a recasting of 2 Samuel 22:46.

---Samuel is in the 11th century BC. It will be the original. It is the ruler. Measuring right from wrong is from Samuel elsewhere…Psalm 18.

---Why? Psalm 18 is a parallel of 2 Samuel 22. Can you read Hebrew? You need the book of Abba BenDavid, Parallels in the Bible (Jerusalem: Carta), pp. 61-62. I bought it on a Saturday Night at the street market of Jerusalem with Paul Lippi. Good times.

---It seems as if the scribe of Psalm 18 heard the text, memorized it and then repeated it later to someone since there is a slip of the memory in the metathesis of letters 18 Psalm 18:46 and 2 Samuel 22:46.

---Is the word of God a machinecopy?

---Is it written by perfect angels?

---No, the Holy Spirit used men like us for the copying and females for the neat handwriting in the final product (especially in ByzantineTimes when the females rewrote it neatly on Uncial in a good hand, nothing to do with woman-ordination) to preserve the Word of God. 

---God claims ownership of us, degenerated human beings and He claims ownership of His Word with the slips of the hand, eye, ear, memory and tongue included.

---Slips and Exile is the same horror and God wants us to see that. See the Guide for the rest.

---Be careful of using modern Judaism’s understanding of the use of Psalms in Ancient Israel. Because of Rabbi Hillel (liberal adaptive understanding) and Rabbi Shammai (conservative understanding), Judaism made swerves into the non-biblical. Be cautious.

---From the 7th century to the 11th century, the main works of the Rabbis is written in Arabic. They were influenced by the Arabic philosophers who translated the Greek philosophers into Arabic and mixed it with Islam and even Christianity.

---The famous Saadya Gaon that Jacques Doukhan studied for his doctoral, wrote his commentaries in Hebrew but in Arabic script. He paraphrased the book of Daniel and was not so literal in translation as Yahphet ibn HaLevi, his contemporary. So be careful.

---To use the Mishna or Talmud to guess what Ancient Israel did is dangerous since it originated late, after 300 AD when it was codified.

---How can an Aramaic or Mishnaic Hebrew Jew from 300 AD accurately guess what Moses did 2000 years before? You get it? Especially when the Hillel school (liberal almagamation with surrounding culture) was in control since 70 AD at Yamnia? You see the problem?

---So to say, I will buy a Jewish author’s book on Psalms because he knows Jewish traditions very well and then throw it to Adventists as truth is a problem.  A big problem. Correct?

---I am not just critical as Adventist and Christian. They said it themselves. Judaism was my major at university in undergrad. Virgin Hebrew or Virgin Hebrew practices of the Old Testament is hard to find in Judaism. It is covered with layers of Arabic, Christian, Heathen, Greek, Latin, Persian, Roman influences.

---You will do better to read the Bible and re-read it and re-read it again. Someone told me two days ago, a Korean Bariton singer, that he read the Bible through 6 times this year but it is almost impossible, he says. Pray for him for an audition in Italy by a famous Opera master who called his agent to bring him. He is an American Korean.

---So study. Call your local Adventist Pastor and make an appointment for Sabbath School lesson on Sabbath, Saturday morning at 10 am. Do not miss this great opportunity to study Psalms. Is your phone out? When? Now.