The morning Manna will be provided at 6am. Thanks.

Studying Mission in the SSnet.org series Lesson 5, may the Holy Spirit be the speaker to your heart.

The Topic today is: “Mission as praying to God for our inadequacies to be rectified by Him for Morning Manna of the Sabbath School Lesson Mission”.

The Opening Hymn will be 229 "Spirit of the Living God."

The Sabbath School Quarterly, downloadable from SSnet.org in the Teacher's Edition is on pages 60.

The SSnet.org site allows anyone, anywhere to read the lesson in their own language. Choose your own language to see God speaking also to your heart.

Why do you not click on this now?

https://www.adultbiblestudyguide.org/pdf.php?file=2023:4Q:SE:PDFs:EAQ423_05.pdf

---Jonah was unconverted in his heart even though trying to do God’s call.

---Here is the conversion 1530 report of John Calvin: “In Psalms Calvin wrote: “God by a sudden conversion subdued and brought my mind to a teachable frame, which was more hardened in such matters than might have been expected from one at my early period of life.”

---His conversion prayer ran like this: “Being exceedingly alarmed at the misery into which I had fallen, and much more at that which threatened me in view of eternal death, I, duty bound, made it my first business to betake myself to your way, condemning my past life, not without groans and tears. And now, O Lord, what remains to a wretch like me, but instead of defense, earnestly to supplicate you not to judge that fearful abandonment of your Word according to its deserts, from which in your wondrous goodness you have at last delivered me.”

Bruce GordonCalvin, New Haven; London 2009, p. 34.

---Calvin learned piety…from the Anabaptists and their persecution by Catholics on the burning altar, he wrote in favor of their deep faith.

---He was angry as monk in the audience of their persecution because he thought they were innocent and correctly faithful.

---So, Calvin’s prayers are deep. Very deep around the heart of God. Correct? Prayer beauty. What about your prayers?

---So in the fish Jonah knew his wrong, like Calvin, and pray to God for help, like Calvin.

---When Calvin realized his wrong he prayed for help. When Jonah realized his wrong he prayed for help in Jonah 2.

---I remember attending a lecture on Jonah 2 by Hermann Joseph-Stipp from Tübingen University at Stellenbosch University Semitic Languages Department.

---He announced that the best method is to come with scissors, waste basket and glue. He said if you see “Jonah …he did something” then it is one author but if you read in his prayer “I…did something” then it is another author.

---So with scissors cut the pieces apart and what does not fit your thinking throw in the wastebasket.

---After his explanation and our reading of the “he/his” sentences in Jonah 2 and the “I/me” sentences in Jonah 2 he said confidently in his Higher Critical Method or HCM that there are two authors and we need to cut.

---I raised my hand for comment. The graduates and professors attending turned their heads to me.

---Just that morning earlier in the library, God showed me an article on Shalmanezer III’s Black Obelisk by Kirk-Grayson in Orientalia.

---I said: “Excuse me. Can I make a comment?”

---In year 30 of the Shalmanezer III Black Obelisk in 854 BC it reads “I did”.

---In year 31 of the same Obelisk it reads “he did”.

---But, prof. Stipp, in year 32 it is back at “I did”.

---This fluctuation of personal pronouns in the Bible of Jonah 2 you want to cut with scissors. How are you going to cut the Black Obelisk of Shalmanezer III in line 31?

---There was a dead silence. Professors were talking across the room with one another.

---Stipp was quiet for the rest of the period.

---At the end he made a final comment before we dismissed.

---“We must admit….that we do not always have all the answers”.

---Professors stood in line to get the reference from me.

---It will be given to you by the Holy Spirit what you should say. Just say it. Correct?

---Is your plan to please the world for the sake of self-enrichment?

---Are you trying to write Revelation Commentaries to please preterists and Idealist scholars in other non-Adventist churches? That is what Ranko Stefanovich did with his commentary. Focused not on Adventists, he said.

---Can we drink contaminated waters in Africa? No. You need to cook it to get the contamination out. Can we read Revelation Commentaries that are contaminated by our professors at our Universities? No. Can we use it as textbooks for our students? No.

---If an organist sees a hippie entering the church and decided that she/he will play in church the song "Have Thine own way Lord" with a jazzy style to impress the hippie. Is that what is correct? This is Ranko Stefanovich's book of Revelation. Clear? ---Is this clear enough? If not, navigate to the nearest Adventist Church or call its pastor. When? Immediately.