Should we keep the festivals of the Tabernacle with reference to Christ and His work?

---Someone asked me the question whether we should keep the festivals listed by God to Israel for the Tabernacle but now transformed to remember the work of Christ for us in the Heavenly Sanctuary?

---I was told, either by Gerhard Hasel in 1993 (very possible) and Edwin de Kock (after 2006) that Samuel Bacchiochi tried to introduce a Festival Celebration Calendar in Adventism, “but he was not successful”, the person said.

---I cannot say if he did but the Trust of his works or the Archives at the Adventist Research Center will be able to clarify more.

---Should we keep the festivals?

---What festivals?

---Let us ask Stephen Haskell in 1914.

https://ia801001.us.archive.org/33/items/StephenN.HaskellTheCrossAndItsShadow1914/1914_haskell_theCrossAndItsShadow.pdf

S. N. Haskell The Cross and Its Shadow 1914

Festivals are discussed on pages 93-116 and also on pp. 201-247ff.

---SECTION IV.  Springtime Annual Feast: Passover, Feast of Unleavened Bread, The offering of the First Fruits, Pentecost.

---SECTION VII. Autumn Time Annual Feasts: Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, Feast of Tabernacles

---SECTION VIII. Jubilees.

---So let us ask the question: should Christians create a kind of calendar similar to the Tabernacle Calendar but looking at the Work of Christ on our behalf in each of them?

---It sounds interesting and innocent. But…

---In John 13 there is no doubt that when the Passover came, Jesus instituted the Lord’s Supper as substitute for the Passover. He is the Lamb, His blood, His body the unleavened bread. And He said: Do it as remembrance of me.

---Passover -à Lord’s Supper by Christ in John 13.

---Anyone who wants to do the same with the other Festivals will basically have to argue that there are seven chapters missing in the Bible.

---John 13b The offering of the First Fruits; John 13c Pentecost; John 13d Feast of Trumpets; John 13e Day of Atonement; John 13f Feast of Tabernacles; John 13g Jubilees.

---Seven times Jesus did not say “Do it in remembrance of Me”.

---So to create a calendar is to create Apocryphal chapters added to our present Bible and that will be doing what the Editor the Holy Spirit did not do in writng our Bible.

---Is this clear enough?