The morning Manna will be provided at 6am. Thanks.

Studying Genesis in the SSnet.org series Lesson 12, may the Holy Spirit be the speaker to your heart.

The Topic today is: "Joseph the President next to the young Pharaoh confronts his brothers".

The Opening Hymn will be 229 "Spirit of the Living God"

The Sabbath School Quarterly, downloadable from SSnet.org in the Teacher's Edition is on page 152 and for the laymen edition or Standard Edition, on page 98.

The SSnet.org site allows anyone, anywhere to read the lesson in their own language. Choose your own language to see God speaking also to your heart.

---The part that dr. Doukhan did not get, is that Pharaoh was much younger than Joseph, who was 30 at presidency in 1959/1958 BC.

---Sesostris I took over from his father and was young according to Egyptian history but also in Genesis 41:37 where the suggestion of Joseph for an economic program was good in Pharaoh's eyes but also in the eyes of his servants! Supporting staff for a too young ruler.

---This is a game changer in the whole palace drama. Joseph is like a father to the young Pharaoh.

---Dr. Doukhan is not correct that Joseph did not appeal to God with the Pharaoh. He did in Genesis 41:12 "God will shortly bring it to pass".

---From now on the Pharaoh was to listen to Joseph as his near counselor and not to the other servants. Joseph got his signet ring (Genesis 41:42).

---Joseph's tax system of 20% is supported by the Kahun Papyri from exactly the same time as Sesostris I as I could see in Griffith 1898 pages 17-18 in that text (Kahun, LV, 3 Plate VIII, lines 23-29, downloadable from online). Joseph's mathematics is all there!

---The Papyri talks about storehouses, tithe and payments had to be made to the pharaoh Sesostris I, overseers of cities and famine preparation, women were given a more natural role in Joseph's days as the Stelae shows (Bright 2005/2006, page 16 also online); the name change of Joseph in Genesis 41:45 as p3-ankh "and Pharaoh called Joseph Zaphenath-paneah" Genesis 41:45; Joseph made to live with the king as one can see in literature from the same time by Landgrafova 2007 page 73 in the Berlin text 1204 at 22; Joseph fed his brothers also in Landgrafova 73; Joseph furnished his fathers’ house with riches (also Landgrafova 2007 page 73 downloadable from the internet); land reform as preparation for the famine (Landgrafova 2007 page 74 at 77); seal bearer and overseer example in Landgrafova 2007 page 80; second in command in Landgrafova 2007 page 183; trusted by Sesostris I as in R. Landgrafova 2007 page 179; invent new ideas when famine creates gap Landgrafova 2007 page 180.

---Joseph is not just a story. It is evidenced by Egyptian sources.

---But what do people do with the Bible in the Laodicean church? They have eyes to read what the Bible says about saving people from their sin not in their sin but they look the other way.

---They spiritualize the Bible when it is literal when it fits them and insists on literal reading when it fits them. Welcome to big problems in spirituality.

---They create their own festivals that are not biblical and God says I hate your festivals because it is not mine. But they do it anyway.

---God is still in control and also with us if we are faithful like Joseph.