Events and God

Koot van wyk (DLitt et Phil, ThD) Visiting Professor, Kyungpook National University, Sangju Campus, South Korea, Conjoint lecturer of Avondale College, Australia

설명: D:\Events and God.jpeg

Historiography is the writing of history. History is made up of events that for some are cyclic for others a spiral and for others a straight line, like dominoes falling. But because dominoes fall kicking each other, some thinks that everything happens due to what someone did here on earth. So for everything in life, humans look for the origin of the dominoes falling. Brexit? Who started it? China’s island building programs. Who started it? Phillipine Tribunal. Who started it? Isis attacks. Who started it? So that is why they put Tony Blair the British Prime Minister during the Iraq war period with the removal of Saddam Hussein now on a hotplate for they think that if he did not do some things, events would not have happened that even influence us today. Some say that what was before happen again so it is cyclic. Others say no, when it happens the second time it is not exactly the same, so it is rather a spiral but simulate what happened before. Then there are those who of course has the dominoes view. There is a beginning and an end.

CDB or evangelist Charles D. Brooks preached the sermon “The Discipline of Trails” on Youtube and he told the story, if you listen long enough, of a young son who received a book from his father regularly about a strong sheriff. One night he could hear his son laughing and he went to his room and outside he could hear him saying: “If only you knew what I knew”. He opened the door and asked him why he is laughing and saying “If only you knew what I know”? He said, “Dad, always when I read about this sheriff he was very good and bad people were grabbed and placed in jail. But in this latest book, the sheriff was in trouble and he could not get his hand on the bad people effectively. So I became depressed reading the book for my hero sheriff is losing on each corner. So I decided to go to the last page and I saw that it ended good since the sheriff hit the bad person and placed him in jail. So I thought I do not have to read the rest but I went back and did and every time the bad kicked the sheriff I laughed thinking of the last page and said: “If only you knew what I know”. This means that there is a divine dimension in life that should be honored and kept in sight. Good and bad events do not happen without God’s knowledge of it.

The Bible has much to say for those who only want to focus horizontally. Vertical consideration is absolutely necessary. God, the Creator of this world as well, has His eyes on this world and He sees the good and the evil (Proverbs 15:3). “The eyes of the Lord are in every place, watching the evil and the good”. Nothing escapes His eyes. China’s sovereignty pushdrive what is really a right of servitude and not right of ownership and Phillipine’s choked reaction to run to the Tribunal of the World or “Big Daddy” to come and help their plea. The divine eye saw it all. Rulers of the world and empires or great countries, big or small, their leaders hearts or emotive centers are in the hand of the Lord (Proverbs 21:1) “the king’s heart is channels of water in the hand of the Lord, He turns it wherever He wishes”. The one who is the Great Mover or Gamechanger here is not horizontal, says the Bible, it is vertical. Isaiah tells us that God sometimes “will” things (Isaiah 19:4a); “purposed” things (Isaiah 19:12c, 17). “The Lord mixed” (Isaiah 19:14a). God is active in history in what is going to happen in Egypt at the End of Times, maybe our times?

The Bible for example is saying that a Time of Trouble is coming over the world at the end of times like there never was (Daniel 12:1-2). It is during this Time of Trouble that the Advent of Christ will take place. Our world is increasing becoming troublous. This is seen by God in advance and He chose Christ to come during this apocalyptic trouble time.

Kingdoms, countries, rulerships, empires are in the Divine hand. In Daniel 2 the vision of Nebuchadnezzar saw successive reigns come and go. When the Holy Roman empire was to fall in 1798 with the arrest of the pope by Berthier the general of secular France, based upon the philosophy and intelligentia of the USA since 1776, the secular empire of the USA came to the fore. The Holy Roman empire was like a Humpty Dumpty on the wall but fell down. Another Humpty Dumpty took its place which represented the clay in the feet of Nebuchadnezzar’s image. The democratic style emphasizes liberation, freedom of religion, speech for all as opposed to the iron totalitarian styles that operates by sensorship, propaganda, suppression of the basic rights of people, unilateral outlaw decisions without global consultation or global jurisdiction interest. This final Humpty Dumpty heads the same way as all the others before: “And in the days of those kings [clay and iron period since 1798 continuing to the end-time when a stone will destroy the image of Nebuchadnezzar in his dream] the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed.”

Habakkuk 2:7 predicts that “Woe to him who increases what is not his. How long? And who loads himself with a beam of mud” (Habakkuk 2:6). God hates landgrab actions. Why mud? The image of Nebuchadnezzar at the end-time will have empires representing mud as indicated above. It appears then that “those who bite you [USA?] arise suddenly and those who startle you awaken.” “And you shall become plunder to them” (Habakkuk 2:7). “Since you have cast away many nations all remaining peoples shall cast you away” (Habakkuk 2:8a). What this apparently means if it is indeed the USA as end-time empire in mind here, mud of the mud and clay period, is that the day the USA shall reverse its policy of global involvement, like Trump is advocating right now, the world will think that they are cast away and that will trigger the casting away of the USA. An boomerang effect. USA isolationism as Trump is also pushing for or homeland focusing will inaugurate their downfall. The USA will be rejected “because of the blood of men and the violence done to the land, the city, and all its inhabitants” (Habakkuk 2:8). That the USA may be involved here is Habakkuk 2:9 future hint to the space-station project? “woe to him who gains evil gains for his house to place his nest on high [space station] to be saved from the hand of an evil one.”

Daniel lived though at least successive empires, the Babylonians and the Persians and in Daniel 2 he answered Nebuchadnezzar: “and it is He who changes the times and the epochs, He removes kings and establishes kings”.

The event engine of the world is thus not run by humans or countries or militaries or nations or even ideologies and religions. Events happen because they fit into the scenario of the prophetic map and outlines of the Bible predicting what will and is going to happen as we speak, based upon what happened in history up to this point and how it is linked with the historicist model to prophetic utterances.   

Dear God

I pray that you accept us as is, and help us to fit into your program outlined so clearly in the prophets. That is why you expect us not to participate in civil lobbyist activism groups since You are putting up and taking down. We rest secure in You. Amen