Decisions too Far...

Daily we face A or B and cannot have both. And, once we choose one, and that one is A... A leads to 1 and 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 and further from B it goes. Then, even if we said we will choose B some day...some day will never come since we have gone too far.

It was about this situation that Robert Frost penned his poem “The Road not Taken”.

He said he was walking in a yellow wood when he saw two roads diverged. He said he was alone and had to take only one. Both looked the same. The one maybe more travelled than the other so he took the road less travelled by and that make all the difference in his life. For that he can only sigh. Sigh for it was his decision and once the decision is made there is no turning back.

The Road Not Taken 

BY ROBERT FROST

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Source: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/44272/the-road-not-taken

It was about this situation that Judas Iscariot could not see his way back to the crossing where he could take another road. All suicides works like this. The inability and agony of the person that they cannot walk back in life to the point of great decision between A or B. Sinner or conversion works this way. One has to lay down self-importance, self-view, self-love even self-admiration and walk humbly back amid scorns from some close friends to be a “coward”, “weak” a “pimp”. But that is the way to go. If the friends do not want to walk together back to change course, then let it be. Let them go on their own way.

My uncle was an alcoholic and a smoker and he did it. He became a Seventh-day Adventist and kicked these habits and became another person, one that he was never in his whole life. He managed to reach the crossing back at the beginning and started to walk B instead of A. And that made all the difference for him. And not with a sigh like Robert Frost. Maybe Frost was not willing to go back. So he kept sighing. But not all people are going to keep sighing. Join millions and billions through history who walked back and changed 180 degrees in their habits, ways, views, and achievements.

For some persecution from household members and friends started. For others they were haunted by Satan who attacked their children with strange diseases, all because he and his family started to keep Sabbath as the day of the Lord and not Sunday. All because he changed from Catholicism to Adventism. Walther Veith video on his Testimony on Youtube. But it made all the difference for a Richard Dawkins style atheistic evolutionist became a creationist and still is after 30 years! Zoologist turned Creationist and kicked out of the Evolutionistic heart of South Africa University Department. But other universities took him in and allowed him to teach combo evolution and creation in his classes and let the students decide for themselves.

Are we packing and start walking back to start a new life? All true Christians had to do it, like Saul who became Paul.

Is it worth it? At a later stage in your Christian life you will “develop” eyes to see the Holy Spirit working in you life and the beauty of it. The reality of salvation then kicks in with great joy, comfort and satisfaction regardless...of any stress, disaster, event.

Do Christians psychic themselves up to see things that do not exist?

I cannot wake up in the morning for I could not ever. Then I asked the Spirit of God to wake me up at 3h50 so that I can feed the cats at 4 and have devotion and prayer with Him for an hour every morning.

He did and does!

Do not tell me He does not exist.