The morning Manna will be provided at 6am. Thanks.

Studying In the Crucible with Christ in the SSnet.org series Lesson 12, may the Holy Spirit be the speaker to your heart. 

The Topic today is: "Self-reliance against God’s clear will" in Morning Manna of the Sabbath School Lesson In the Crucible with Christ.

The Opening Hymn will be 229 "Spirit of the Living God"

The Sabbath School Quarterly, downloadable from SSnet.org in the Teacher's Edition is on page 154 and for the laymen edition or Standard Edition, on page 100.

The SSnet.org site allows anyone, anywhere to read the lesson in their own language. Choose your own language to see God speaking also to your heart.

---Click on the following link:

https://absg.adventist.org/pdf.php?file=2022:3Q:SE:PDFs:EAQ322_12.pdf

---The lesson today describes wonderfully the condition of modern men and women. The modern human.

---Self-reliance is what was part of the philosophy of Eve, Saul (1 Samuel 13) and also in our times Karl Jaspers.

---He said that we can experience blinking of the eye eternity flashes but we cannot describe it nor observe it deeper. He recognized God existence but did not want to have anything to do with God.

---Some argued that he was a theist-existentialist but Filiz Peach in her book on the Philosophy of Karl Jaspers, the existentialist, says no.

---Can God be described? Yes. He did it in His Word. He did it in the life of Christ. Can we know God through Christ? Through His Word? Yes. The end of the thinking of Karl Jaspers.

---The end of the thinking of Eve and the end of the thinking of Saul.

---Eve’s thinking was not just hunger or craving for an apple.

---Going closer to the God forbidden tree, is going against God. It is already sin.

---She arrived at the tree covering herself available to be tempted. Free from God she can now “neutrally decide for herself”.

---But the reality is, there is no neutral ground leaving God. One is completely in the grips of Satan.

---“I will decide for myself what is good and what is bad and I will not let anyone control me”. She was already in control of an outside force. Either God or Satan, no other way.

---Ellen White has described this very beautifully in Patriarchs in Prophets. Sin has children and is like a bunch of grapes.

---Saul was to wait for Samuel to come before he offered. He did not, the seven days passed and Samuel delayed.  

---The delay was Saul’s test. He did not pass the test and the Lord was going to substitute his kingship with someone after the Lord’s heart, who follows His commandments.

---It is all about obedience. Obedience to God’s Word.

---What is surprising to me, is that when this disaster happened to Saul, if he later repented of his deeds, the Spirit of God, Christ and the Father would have renovated his life beyond imagination. David with Bathsheba is the example. Saul not.