Devotional Short Notes on Psalm 56:  David is in agony because of what he perceived as enemies that are against him. He told God about it but, despite this haunting experience, he outlines that there is a Day of the Lord coming when the Great Bookkeeper, the Great Accountant will open His books and add-up David’s wanderings on earth “You have counted my wanderings” (56:9) all his sufferings were carefully placed in a preserving bottle in heaven as evidence for the Investigative Judgment since 1844 for all the universe to see “placed my tears in Your bottle” (56:9b) and he asked God if they are “not in Your book” (56:9). Charles Bradford the evangelist once asked: “Books? What is this business of books?” He said, “I don’t know but I know that the record says that  ‘the court sat and the books were opened’” (Daniel 7:10). If the Bible says there are records in heaven of our deeds we better believe it. Whether it is a scroll, a set of volumes, or USB’s or God’s memory, it is all there in Heaven and they were opened in the Investigative Judgment since 1844. David knew about this as well here in Psalm 56:9. We are too quick to think the poor guys of the Old Testament knew nothing and we are so fortunate. Fortunate or degenerated? Advanced or slipped behind? Daniel says that when this event happens, and we know according to Daniel 8:14 that it started after 2300 years for days in 1844 and is ongoing, Daniel says “then” (az) “shall [future] my enemies turn back in the day I will [future] call”. The call David made about evil surrounding him and victory sought will be Christ on his behalf calling for his deliverance in the court of heaven, with his books open, his tears counted, and David has confidence that His heavenly Advocate will be in his favor: “This I know that God is for me” (56:10b). David trusts “in God” (mentioned two times in 56:11a and 56:12a) in His word (56:11b) and no fear can overtake him and man is no consideration for him any longer (56:12b). God vowed to save the lost and save the persecuted and David says that God’s vows are upon him (56:13). Due to security of salvation David will give thanksofferings (56:13b). Deliverance for David was from eternal death (56:14a) in justification by faith and in daily sanctification since “have You not my feet from stumbling?” (56:14b). The daily power of the Holy Spirit for overcoming and victory is there “that I may walk before God in the light of the living” (56:14c). Those who accepted God are the “living” but those who did not choose Him in their lives on this earth are walking skeletons.