Studying Death, Dying and Future Hope in the SSnet.org series Lesson 14, may the Holy Spirit be the speaker to your heart.

The Topic today is: “To see God or not to see God for Morning Manna in Death, Dying and Future Hope.

The Opening Hymn will be 229 "Spirit of the Living God."

The Teacher’s Edition is on page 179 and for the laymen edition or Standard Edition, on page 115.

The SSnet.org site allows anyone, anywhere to read the lesson in their own language. Choose your own language to see God speaking also to your heart.

Why do you not click on this now?

--- https://absg.adventist.org/pdf.php?file=2022:4Q:SE:PDFs:EAQ422_14.pdf

---Today you are going to hear why Adventists are the most progressive Christianity on the globe today.

---Will we be able to see God one day? Christ yes. Father? Spirit?

---Most religions will say that God is Spirit and invisible to the naked eye and that no one has seen God and therefore no-one can approach in His presence to see Him and live.

---Whoever talks like that did not read the fineprint of the Bible correctly.

---In John 1:18 and 1 John 4:12 John says that “no one has ever seen God”.

---Who is the no-one? Adam before the fall walked with God. He may have seen Him if He walked with God.

---One can argue that Adam walked with Christ and saw Him but no-one with the Father and saw Him?

---Answer: In the words of Jesus in Matthew 5:8 it says that the pure in heart shall see God.

---Pure in heart? Pure? Character perfection before body perfection.

---In 1 John 3:3 he is saying that the one who purifies himself shall see God just as He is pure.

---Wow. What about sinful inclinations and habits? Do not worry about that says Calvinists, it is all about Christ in heaven for me my Substitute so that His perfection is my perfection.

---No, says Ellen White, this is half-truth. The full truth is that it is His perfection is my perfection in heaven as status but on earth I am given the second Comforter the Holy Spirit to indwell me and clean and re-create the heart and purify it together with cooperation daily.

---It is with a goal to character perfection although the body degenerate daily as it grows older.

---Character grows up and the Spirit is its strength and body goes down in strength because of the death decree as punishment by Adam’s sin.

---Ellen White in Great Controversy p. 676 and 677 says that humans will see God in heaven citing 1 Corinthians 13:12 that we behold the image of God as in a mirror and that then in heaven we will stand in His presence and behold the glory of His countenance.

---Where did you read in Calvin’s works or Luther’s Table Talks that he said the same thing? Silent.

---Where did the Rabbis of the Middle Ages said that for Judaism? Silent.

---But Adventists read the fineprint of the Bible and brought the sensibility together in harmony and see, what you sometimes think is too quick a thinking. Careful analysis sometimes turns what we think around.

---Rule 14 of the 14 rules of prophetic or Bible interpretation of William Miller was that one must have faith glasses on when you read the Bible or you will not properly see.

---You must take the Bible literally when literal and spiritual when so asked by the text. But, even Calvin argued for the spirit rather than the letter of the reading of the text.

---Origen and Augustine both argued that the spirit of the text is more important than the letter [simple straightforward reading] of the text.

---When they say spirit of the text, then they say that the words did not really mean what it says it is just a metaphor and a way of speaking. Not reality.

---Not so, says William Miller in his 14 rules of Biblical Interpretation brought out in 1835.

---Well said critics of Miller, he is making the Bible an icon of worship and that is a crime. It is Biblicism. It uses proof-text methods to design doctrines.

---Of course the Bible is most important for it is the Word of God and Revelation of God. Of course Biblicism is not a crime for proof-text methods were also use by Christ when He countered Satan in the Temptation in the Wilderness after Baptism in 27 AD. Thus says the Word, He said. He was pretty literal. He was not spiritualizing the text and try to escape from its requirements.

---Is your pastors teaching you to escape the literal reading to purity and its attainment before the Second Coming, even in your lives as you grow older?

---Are the escaping this by hammering in sinful inclinations and weakness-theology?

---Start reading the Bible properly and see also 1 Peter 1:22 as the lesson is asking to see. Obedience and purification are linked. ---Right now open you Bible.