The morning Manna will be provided at 6am. Thanks.

Studying In the Crucible with Christ in the SSnet.org series Lesson 3, may the Holy Spirit be the speaker to your heart. 

The Topic today is: "Led to places we do not want to go"

The Opening Hymn will be 229 "Spirit of the Living God"

The Sabbath School Quarterly, downloadable from SSnet.org in the Teacher's Edition is on page 37 and for the laymen edition or Standard Edition, on page 28.

The SSnet.org site allows anyone, anywhere to read the lesson in their own language. Choose your own language to see God speaking also to your heart.

---Have you ever travelled to places you did not want to go?

---Others insisted to go there?

---At the place you cannot wait to go. But all stay.

---They drag things out. It is as if they do not want to pick things up and move on.

---God, says Ellen White, thinking about what happened with Israel at Rephidim, that God led people to a place they did not want so that He could reveal Himself to them in their need.

---Simple faith can open the stores of heaven for us. We keep forgetting that.

---Self keeps getting in the way and we are so busy with self-analysis that our eyes cannot get out of our own frame.

---Like a moth around a candle. Around and around self we go. But in my children years I saw many moths ending up in the flame. Large sounds, smoke and smell, all gone to nothingness.

---That is the end of those who cannot get out of themselves.

---I am going to, I will, give me, do for me, pay me, assist me. We talk about my pain, my suffering, my dilemma. But getting out of it? Never thought that simple faith can make God jump right by your side to bring in big and fast relief.

---Spiritual dimentia. That is what we are suffering from. Keep forgetting.

---This is what Ellen White outlined in 1903 in the Advent Review and Sabbath Herald of April 7 in 1903. She was still in Australia, if I am not mistaken. Near Avondale University is the house she lived in, Sunnyside. In it is still one of her dresses. Very colorful with colorful motifs on it. Next to her dress is a 1940-1945 copy of a picture drawn by a Korean POW duirng the war. He copied the whole book of John on the one big screen and it is Jesus holding a lamb. With all the words of the gospel of John. It is a collectors’ item for Koreana.

---Look up not inside and around us. The atheist theologian Van Buren got his ideas from Karl Barth, Rudolf Bultmann and linguistic analysis. From Barth he got the idea that Christology is the cornerstone of all theology. From Bultmann the idea that theology must write with meaningful descriptions about Christianity for the twentieth century and his own thinking is that linguistic analysis must make sure that he stays on earth. Heaven talking or thinking should be out or zero, Van Buren said. Bultmann denied miracles, atonement, Second Coming, divinity of Christ. Karl Barth was a pipe smoker and complained that Hitler was also a vegetarian, for those who tried to teach him the health message.

---Christ expects us to stand for faith though the heavens fall.