Country Leaders and God

Koot van Wyk (DLitt et Phil; ThD), Visiting Professor, Department of Liberal Education, Kyungpook National University, Sangju Campus, South Korea, Conjoint lecturer of Avondale College, Australia

The Remnant of all generations was not interested in politics because politics and religion should never be conflated or mixed. Who is the Remnant? It was to be all those who have a serious relationship with God, anyone, no blood-priority, no nation-election, no super-race on earth, at least after the Fall of Adam. History started and was written with blood because the Remnant forsakes their destiny. Does it help to Christianize as humans, the regime of each country and by trick and treat control all political doors and windows to improve things for the Remnant? That is not how God works. Isaiah, one of the greatest literature writers and poet of the Hebrew nation, wrote about this in Isaiah 40:23-27. One should pay attention to what he said:

“He [God] Who reduces rulers to nothing. Who makes the judges of the earth meaningless. Scarcely have they been planted, scarcely have they been sown, scarcely has their stock take root on the earth, but He blows on them and they wither. And the storm carries them away like stubble. To whom then will you [Remnant of all ages] liken Me that I should be equal says the Holy One. Lift up your eyes on high and see Who has created these. The One Who leads forth their host by number, He calls them all by name. Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of power, not one is missing. Why do you [Remnant of all ages], O Jacob and assert, O Israel [Spiritual Israel of all ages]: ‘My way is hidden from the Lord and the justice due me escapes the notice of my God?’”

Isaiah 43 is cardinal for the Remnant of our time. It is the John 3:16 in the Old Testament because God said to all Who want to worship Him: “I love you” (Isaiah 43:4b). Open invitation. He made us, He formed us, He wants to protect us and He will, He can do with this sinful world’s powers and forces (economic [no matter how many Samsung batteries catch fire], political [no matter how many Hillary e-mails there are], social [no matter how strong networks of control are], military [no matter how strong a nations power is (see the military disaster of Assyria in Isaiah 37:36), religious (no matter how many religious networks tries to embezzle the operation of God through the Remnant)], God views nations as a “drop in a bucket” (Isaiah 40:15). They are as dust on the scales. And violated [Egyptian word thw] they are considered to Him” (Isaiah 40:17b). Notice in the citation above in verse 27 that it is the Remnant and their actions (right or wrong, favoring anti-biblical ‘woman ordination’, letting culture be above biblical principles, embracing the gay-ministry world standards since 2006/7 in the USA and Europe and elsewhere, also an anti-Word of God stance) that influence God’s dealings with rulers and leaders of the country where the Remnant are living. How faithful are we in our sanctity of Sabbath concept? How devoted are we to Him? Are we handing our lives over to money, honor, wealth, prestige, nice cars, nice homes, nice clothes, nice phones and digital devices? Leaders in our country are treated because of our faith or no faith, our broken relationship with God which causes scandals to flock to the leader of the country. Did protestants go with their leader to the Buddhist temples with the Buddhist president for visits? Did they stay away or also bowed? It is because of them, and the sins of the rest of His Remnant that one gets Hillary Clintons, Donald Trump and Hillary Park in our own environment. I begin to think, the IMF came to South Korea in 1997 because of me. I am also sorry.