Devotional Short Note on Psalm 13: David is writing here a poem using four times the same expression. In Daniel 8:13 there is an ad-matay question meaning: “Until when…” Scholars did not know in this case what to do since it reads ad-anah. So they suggested “How long?” Actually, the word anah is not what the Rabbis of the Middle Ages made it to be, namely a fusion or crasis between Ah and nah. It is the Late Egyptian word ìnḫ meaning “to surround, to envelop, to enclose, to encompass, to hem-in”. The idea is for David here, “Until the enclosing [of his tomb], will You forget me, the end?” The word “end” is used to translate the Hebrew word nṣḥ but again the option are many, so another one will be added from the Late Egyptian nsḳ meaning “pointed speech”. “Will You forget me, the [pointed speech]?” He desires a strong relationship with God between now and his funeral [or enclosing in a tomb]. “Until the enclosing [of his tomb], I will take counsel in my soul” (13:3). “Having sorrow in my heart daily” (13:13b). He wants the Lord to look at him and answer him (13:4a). He wants the Lord to lighten his eyes lest he sleep the sleep of death (13:4b). The Bible view death as a sleep. In the Talmud it was stated that “sleep is a sixtieth part of death” and “the incomplete experience of death is sleep”. Lest his enemies will rejoice over him (13:5). However, in His mercy he trusts, his heart shall rejoice in His salvation (13:6b). He will sing to the Lord because of all the deeds to him (13:6d).