5 이제 후로는 네 이름을 아브람이라 하지 아니하고 아브라함이라 하리니 이는 내가 너를 여러 민족의 아버지가 되게 함이니라

질문: 하나님께서 그대에게 말씀하시는 경험을 한 적이 있습니까?
1) 예, 하나님은 저에게 가까이 계십니다. 하나님께서는 실제로 사람들과 소통하십니다
2) 이는 단지 사람의 마음에 마치 그의 음성이 들리는 것처럼 느껴질 뿐입니다
3) 그는 하나님이시므로 우리가 그분과 이야기를 나눌 수는 없습니다
질문: 아브람은 무슨 뜻인가요? _____________
아브라함은 무슨 뜻인가요? __________________
질문: 이름을 바꾸어 주시는 게 어떤 의미가 있나요? ________________________

그의 본래 이름은 아브람으로 "존귀한 아비"라는 뜻이었는데 하나님께서는 그에게 "열국의 아비"라는 뜻의 아브라함이라는 새 이름을 주셨습니다. 자식이 없었던 그에게 아들을 주실 뿐아니라 열국이 그에게서 나올 것이라는 하나님의 약속에 대한 보증이 그 이름에 담겨 있었습니다. 예수님께서는 이기는 자에게 새 이름을 주시겠다고 약속하셨습니다(계시록 2:17). 그리스도 안에서 새로운 피조물이 되어 예수의 이름과 아버지의 이름이 우리 이마에 쓰여진 그 새 생명을 영원히 누립시다(고린도후서 5:17; 계시록 14:1).

Genesis 17:3-5
3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

fall: 떨어지다, 넘어지다,엎드리다
behold: 보다, 보라!
Question: Have you ever experienced God talking to you?
1) Yes, He is close to me. He really communicates with people
2) It is only in your mind as if you hear His voice
3) Since He is God, we cannot talk with Him
Question: What does Abram mean? __________________
How about Abraham? ____________________
Question: Does name change mean anything?

His name was originally Abram, which means the "exalted father." God gave him a new name of Abraham with the meaning of the "father of many nations." To him who didn't have children, this new name was an assurance of God's promise that many nations will come from him. Jesus promised that He will give a new name to those who overcomes(Rev 2:17). Let us be the new creature in Christ that we may live the eternal new life with the name of Jesus and the Father written on our foreheads(2 Cor 5:17; Rev 14:1).