Devotional Short Note to Psalm 3. Notice the appearance of the word Selah. Scholars do not really know what it means. There are many suggestions as there are scholars. My own suggestion would be to give the time of David a change. Uriah was a Hittite fighting for David and David’s proximity with Hittites is maybe a key for understanding this word. So Hans Güterbock’s Hittite Dictionary (see online) pages 364-366 may be helpful to bring meaning to this use by David. The word šeli-, šela- A n. com.; harvest, harvested goods; from Old Hittite texts but also texts in the period of the late Judges, 12th century BCE. David is in the 11th century with a reign of 40 years between 1014-974 BCE. More exactly, 40 years and six months. Hittites brought sela or “Harvested Goods” to the temple and place it there and then prayed. It just so happen that as soon as David used Selah here that he prayed. He is not following Hittite liturgical practices here nor borrowing his religion from them. Never. What it may mean is that products of the harvest is at the end. One notice that David’s narrative overview is here at the end since just after the narrative about why he is in trouble, he switched to a prayer. My suggestion is that it refers to the end of the source he is using. “Diary note end” (the end of verse 3). It is a break in what is before and after. Now he will use another source, namely a poetic prayer that he recorded his prayer after that situation on the spot. It is almost write while dictating to himself the prayer he is praying to God. This “note” is a source by itself and thus “Selah” the end. When the prayer and God’s response is ended with another Selah it means the end of this note. Then he picked up another source and attached it to Psalm 3 explaining how he went to bed, slept and woke up with optimism and strength that salvation belongs to the Lord and his prayer that blessing be upon His people. Again he used the word Selah to indicate the end of this “Diary note/entry” of it at a separate time, place and event. He attached it also in Psalm 3. I cannot be dogmatic about my suggestion here, but we will have to see throughout the Book of Psalm whether this “end of the source” theory will hold or not? Just a word to those who are “weak in the knees” when “scholars” speak: scholars may study years to gain their knowledge of the facts, but that is only opinion and theories until they have also humbled themselves at the foot of the cross receiving the same Holy Spirit that uneducated Ellen White or anyone on earth can get, in order to gain “insight” and “perspective” from Him, arranging and rearranging, editing opinions, sifting theories, and weeding out what is improper and what is not, a process available to every single human on earth. There are longstanding elders with no education but the Word of God and the Holy Spirit that need not standing back in understanding spiritual matters from any theologian.