Prophet Claimers Before, During and After the Reformation and Ellen White?

Anthony Hoekema wrote a book Four Major Cults and the publication that I saw was in 1988, the year of his death. But I cannot open it. He wrote also about Adventism as the fourth cult.

In many Cathecisms denominations are teaching that Adventists have Ellen White who claimed to be a prophetess. Prophetess claims by Ellen White? In her own words:

"To claim to be a prophetess is something that I have never done. If others call me by that name, I have no controversy with them.”

I could not verify what Hoekema said about this. Those who have access to the following book can look in the index for Ellen White and see if he says that she claimed to be a prophet.

The other denominations are all teaching their children that it is wrong to claim to be a prophet because then you claim that your writings should be added to the Bible as another canon.

Ellen White never claimed that her writings should replace the Bible. She said there is only one Bible. Her works are a little light that leads to the great light. She said.

Source: Anthony Hoekema in his Four Major Cults discussed also Seventh Day Adventism.

https://archive.org/details/fourmajorcultsch0000hoek/page/n5/mode/2up

Now what about John Calvin as Prophet?

What about Martin Luther as a Prophet?

Let us see who claimed to be prophets around the Reformation.

The following people believed themselves to be prophets or had their views examined as if prophets.

Birgitta of Sweden             (Fogelqvist: 1993),

Joachim of Fiore                (Reeves: 1969; McGinn: 1985),

Girolamo Savanarola          (Herzig: 2008),

Jan Hus                              (Oberman: 1999, 135-67; Haberkern: 2016),

Martin Luther                     (Preuss: 1933; Kolb: 1999; Oberman: 1999, 135-67),

Ulrich Zwingli                   (Büsser: 1950, Opitz: 2007, 2: 493-513; Opitz: 2017),

Heinrich Bullinger              (Peterson: 1991, 245-60; Bolliger: 2004, 159-177,

Timmerman: 2015),

Theodore Bibliander         (Gordon: 2012, 107-41),

John Calvin                        (Ganoczy: 1966, Engammare: 1998, 88-107,

Balserak: 2014),

Argula von Grumbach        (Matheson: 1995; Pak: 2012, 151-69),

Katharina Schütz Zell         (McKee: 1998),

John Knox                         (Dawson: 2015),

late-medieval women          (Voaden: 1999), the

Marian exiles                     (Dawson: 1994, 75-91)

According to Balserak, John Calvin believed that he is like the prophet Jeremiah. Melanchton called Luther a prophet (ibid). 

Now here is the link for those who are interested in this woman who had visions from God and had it written down for anyone to look at. 

Rule: Only look to the covers of the Bible while you are reading. You have to find her within the covers not outside.

Pastors of other denominations. Being a reader of Ellen White will make you a very good speaker in your church. Even a Rabbi learned that as he said in his own words. 

Here is the link: Enjoy with a smile and prayer

https://m.egwwritings.org/

Source:

Balserak, J. (2020). Theodore Beza on Prophets and Prophecy. In Beza at 500: New Perspectives on an Old Reformer Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht (Göttingen).

https://docslib.org/doc/979362/theodore-beza-on-prophets-and-prophecy-in-beza-at-500-new-perspectives-on-an-old-reformer-vandenhoeck-ruprecht-g%C3%B6ttingen