001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG005.JPG006.JPG007.JPG008.JPG009.JPG010.JPG011.JPG012.JPG013.JPG014.JPG

My dear friends in Christ around the world!

We thank our Creator God for having securely protected us this year so that we could complete our Mission Works, and we thank to all of you for your prayers and support.

Hence, we specially thank to our Lord that we were able to worship Him
our last Sabbath, Dec.28, 2008, at my HOME town, Butembo, Congo,DR,
at the biggest SDA Church "Mutiri".

2 of our Congolese missionaries were kidnapped and seriously beaten by "Mai Mai" rebels on their way for mission work, God has spared their lives. New pastor Kataliko was commissioned as head master of new technical school in "Bethel" SDA Church(naked tribe Lugbara), and his wife was spared through over-turned truck which took lives of 30 people...all of these we know His protection for His workers.

We specially thank to God; for saving many souls at "Pigmy" camps and naked tribe "Bethel" church, for providing pure, clean water for them, including 15 Pigmy camp wells, for providing many devoted pastors' salaries, living subsidies to retired pastors, for producing first several Pigmy deacons, for so many church roofs, for keeping our Butembo orphange alive, for providing scholarships to several hundred poor students...to name a few.

When you are in "Mission" business, all you can say is "Thank you God!",  whatelse can you say; when you are so much blessed? For our last Sabbath of the year worship service, we were blessed, our Romanian volunteer missionary "Gabi" has gone and came back with new bride "Adelina", a young missionary "Robert", and one month volunteer medical doctor "Gabriel", to worship together.

"Mutiri" SDA Church is the largest in Butembo, Congo,DR, with 1,600 members, while the church can accomodate only 1,100 max. Late comers have to worhsip outside through PA system. During sermon, we emphasized through prayer they should plan to expand the church space from New Year.

This church has "SDA Mutiri-BMW Hospital" in the same compound, the only one in all of big country Congo.

"Mutiri-BMW Hospital" is so much blessed;

-number of used Medical equipments are on way to Mutiri from Korea,
-huge donation of medical supplies are on way from US through voluntary
donations from Korean SDA deaconesses.
-BMW plans to have "Crusade and Medical Rally" in May,2009.

This is about the time Mutiri has to be UP-graded.

A couple days ago, one elder has awaken me; It is so important to spread out seed of Gospel, but it is Adventists' mission to work for the harvest of Good News as remnants upon the blessing of latter rain. So be it. After 2 years of amateuristic mission works in Congo, Africa, maybe it is time to UPgrade our mission objectives form 2009; "Harvest!"...maybe that is why God has prepared Korean PMM pastor- missionary JUNG, Hyo Su and his family to arrive soon to carry on the torch for "Harvest".    May God bless on our Mission Objectives!

We pray that the Year 2009 be our Harvest Year, you, me and Him, together.

Yang, Seung Chun
A missionary to Congo, BMW coordinator in Africa