everlasting-gospels.gif Judgment Is Good News!
letter-text.gif
line.gif
guide_img.gif

April 26 - Judgement Is good News!

guide_img.gif

As I watched, this horn was waging war against the holy people and was defeating them, until the Ancient One came and judged in favor of the holy people of the Most High. Then the time arrived for the holy people to take over the kingdom. Dan. 7:21, 22, NLT.

The judgment is good news! Judgment is gospel!

Is it? Certainly that is not the way many Adventists have viewed the topic. I remember the first time I attened an Adventist church. Living on a merchant marine ship in San Francisco Bay, I had not the slightest interest in Christianity or the judgment. But i had met a girl who took me to church.

The whole place was rather a shock to my system. But the knockout blow came when an "old" lady (she must have been all of 40) stood up before the youth group and began waving her bony finger at them, letting them know in no uncertain terms that they had better be lying awake at night dredging up and confessing every sin that they had ever commited. After all, no one knew when their name would come before the heavenly judgment. And when it did, if they had one unconfessed sin they would not be spending eternity in their destination of first choice.

Decades of such teaching not only presented Adventists with a "bad news" interpretation of the pre-Advent judgement, but led them to despise the teaching itself. That is unfortunate, because the biblical picture is that for God's people the judgement is good news. In fact, it is the best of the saints. The Bible pictures the divine Judge as being on our side. After all, it is God who sent the Savior. He is not trying to keep people out of heaven, but to get as many in as possible. The Lord wants His house to be full.

But not all accept His offer of salvation and the change of heart that He provides. Some rebel against His eays, mistreat others, and become aggressive and destructive. He can't let that go on forever. So they also come under judgment. For those who choose to live a life of active rebellion against God and His principles the judgment is obviously not good news.

But for Christian it is the best of news. God's judgment is their vindication. Because it is in their favor it is the event that opens to them the doors of the everlasting kingdom. Parise God for His loving judgment.

line.gif
guide_img_bottom.gif guide_img_bottom.gif

A mere profession of discipleship is of no value. The faith in Christ which saves the soul is not what it is represented to be by many. "Believe, believe," they say, "and you need not keep the law." But a belief that does not lead to obedience is presumption. The apostle John says, "He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." 1 John 2:4. Let none cherish the idea that special providences or miraculous manifestations are to be the proof of the genuineness of their work or of the ideas they advocate. When persons will speak lightly of the word of God, and set their impressions, feelings, and exercises above the divine standard, we may know that they have no light in them(TFMB, 146).

line.gif