A Blessed Meal

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it for the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10: 31

One Tuesday Evening my student who is a Professor in Music in one of the Universities in Korea invited me to watch their Traditional Music Concert. I was so happy that I was given the chance to witness that event. It was free. They paid the tickets and I was told to bring some friends. I only told one friend to go with me since others weren’t available.

After the concert, we moved to a place to have dinner. I thought it was just a simple dinner with my student, my friend and I but to my surprise it was a dinner for all the participants of the concert and even the presenters were there.

I was quite anxious and my missionary friend too felt that way. I felt I was a stranger and I started asking myself why I’m here anyway I’m here so deal with it! When the foods were served and we were about to eat them, my student told me Gladys, Pray”. A little bit shocked because I wasn’t expecting they would ask me to pray but I did pray for the food and thank God for the success of their concert. I guessed my student already knew that every time I eat with them I always offer a prayer for the food.

That simple act I did had an impact to my student’s life. Another thing before the dinner ends one man asked to introduce us to the group since they noticed us that we prayed before eating and it was a little strange for them. My student (Professor) took the chance to introduce us. She told that we are missionaries and I’m her teacher in English. Everybody greeted us and it was really a warm greeting. The man who noticed us, asked us about our religion and our day of worship. When they knew that we are SDA’s they made a nod on their heads. No words were said after but I saw him and others smiling. I felt that time that their hearts were opened. Letting them know about God in simple ways that we can even when we pray before we eat is already a great accomplishment in our daily mission.

I felt full with the delicious food that we ate and felt blessed too. It was a blessed Meal. Simple admirable habits will have an influence to the people around us. So whatever you do, do it for the glory of God so you can bring glory to others life too.

Dear God, help us to bring glory to your name even in simple and little things that we do every day.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkfUrkER74ppm5H_FRp6ZYaEylTZsEYkNDU9mUCerka6hYqZ9X

Delete
Go Back