everlasting-gospels.gif

Retrospect On The Health Reform

letter-text.gif
line.gif
guide_img.gif

June 15 - Retrospect On The Health Reform

guide_img.gif

line.gif

May the God of hope fill you with all joy. Rom. 15:13, NIV.

My heart is still warm from the statement we read yesterday from the early Adventist who declared that his heart dilated with joy when he realized the blessings of health reform.

That thought brings me to the first evangelistic series I presented. The venue was Corsicanna, Texas, a town of about 26,000 people in 1968 with an Adventist church of 12 members. And of those 12 nearly all were in their 70s and only one was male.

Now, I have nothing against old people. After all, I am getting to be one. And I have nothing against females. My mother is one. But a young preacher wants a full house of all ages and sexes. The good news was that I had a good crowd every night, with one non-Adventist woman bringing five professional people to each meeting. But on the way out one evening she said, "Brother Knight, I'm not coming tomorrow night, and I'm not bringing my friends."

"Why?" I inquired.

"I don't like your sermon title. You are going to tell me what I can't do."

I thought my title was cute if not strikingly brilliant-"Why I Don't Eat Rats, Snakes, and Snails."

Caught almost speechless, I told her and her friends to return the next evening, and when they left they would say it was the best sermon yet. The only problem was that I had no sermon prepared yet and didn't know how I was going to rescue my promise.

A sleeping night. But about 4:00 or 5:00 in the morning it all came together.
God loves you!
And because He loves you He wants you to be happy.
And He knows you're not happy when you are sick.
Therefore He has given us a few ideas on how to be happier.
On her way out that evening with her friends she stopped and declared, "Brother Knight, that was the best sermon yet."

If it was good for her, it was even better for me. It moved me from preaching in a negative direction toward a positive.

And what is more positive and joyful than good health.

line.gif
guide_img_bottom.gif guide_img_bottom.gif

Thank You, Father, for that special blessing. Our heats also dilate with joy.

line.gif