The morning Manna will be provided at 6am. Thanks.

Studying In the Crucible with Christ in the SSnet.org series Lesson 12, may the Holy Spirit be the speaker to your heart.

The Topic today is: "Dying to Self comes before Knowing God” in Morning Manna of the Sabbath School Lesson In the Crucible with Christ”.

The Opening Hymn will be 229 "Spirit of the Living God"

The Sabbath School Quarterly, downloadable from SSnet.org in the Teacher's Edition is on page 152 and for the laymen edition or Standard Edition, on page 98.

The SSnet.org site allows anyone, anywhere to read the lesson in their own language. Choose your own language to see God speaking also to your heart.

Why do you not click on this now?

https://absg.adventist.org/pdf.php?file=2022:3Q:SE:PDFs:EAQ322_12.pdf

---The lesson deals with Romans 12:1-2.

---Paul set the conditions for knowing the will of God.

---“Read Romans 12:1, 2. Paul writes that we will be able to “test and approve what God’s will is” (Rom. 12:2, NIV) when the following things happen:

---1. We have a true understanding of “God’s mercy” for us (Rom. 12:1, NIV).

---2. We offer ourselves as living sacrifices to God (Rom. 12:1).

---3. Our minds are renewed (Rom. 12:2). It is only the renewed mind that truly can understand God’s will.”

---Here is the text of Romans 12:1-3

--- verse 1. I call upon you, therefore, brethren, through the compassions of God, to present your bodies a sacrifice -- living, sanctified, acceptable to God -- your intelligent service;

verse 2. and be not conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, for your proving what [is] the will of God -- the good, and acceptable, and perfect.

verse 3. For I say, through the grace that was given to me, to every one who is among you, not to think above what it behooves to think; but to think so as to think wisely, as to each God did deal a measure of faith, (Young’s Literal Translation)

---Let’s try again.

---Verse 1 says that God has compassion first. He came to save when we were not yet born and when we became sinners before salvation. That is compassion.

---Knowing this fact should make us fall before the cross and present our bodies as a sacrifice.

---Our bodies must be a living sacrifice. It is not suicide as I heard young people did in Mongolia, not Adventists though.

---The bodies are sanctified or set apart for God.

---Coming not in an environment clinging to sin but acceptable and perfect rejection of evil to God. Verse 2.

---We are not to come to God with fashion of this world. Not with habits of the popular culture surrounding us. Not trying to introduce K-pop gospel in church or any other modern pop gospel, which is fashionable and popular in the church.

---Come without it. Do not conform. Do not think we have to borrow our music from other churches then we are progressive.

---The renewing is not music but the mind. Our mind is renewed. If one is able to link with all generations of Christians, grandmother and her music, father and his music, older sister and her music, highschool and their music, kindergarten and their music, the change of mind was according to the acceptable will of God.

---The nearness of the Holy Spirit to renew in us a new heart and spirit is what is the faith that surrounds us.

---He restores my soul says David in Psalm 23. Everyone needs restoration. It is happiness and joy when that happens. It is peace and tranquility of mind.