SABBATH SCHOOL STUDY                      

GUIDE       Chongni-Church S S Lesson

Chongni Church

Quarter 4

lecturer: dr. Sookyoung Kim

Supervision of Deacon Hong and Pastor Kang  (your connection for requests)

Study-Guide : Sabbath School Study : 104a +2012Ba

Unit 4      The Only Solution

Warm up:  Put (T) = true        or (F) = false

T  F  1. Do you think that if you believe you will never die but live forever?

voca  have everlasting life = (John 3:16)(1)                       

T  F  2. Does sin of this world affect the whole universe?

voca  image = (heaven is also involved with this world)(2)                       

T  F  3. Do you think we are the theater of the whole universe?

voca  angels watch eagerly to see what happen here (1 Peter 1:12)(3)

T  F  4. Is the cross-death of Christ a) only about love? Or b) is it love and justice or c) is it only justice?

T  F  5. Christ our Salvation is the center of all doctrine so I do not have to do anything ever?

T  F  6. I am saved by the grace of God Who likes my works of faith?                               

T  F  7. A donation and a hospital visitation regularly will save me?

T  F  8. Little sins need little grace and big sins need lots of grace?

voca  All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) (4)                       

T  F  9. Christ’s life and death only bought salvation for some, not for everyone?

voca  whoever believes = (John 3:16)(5)                                       

T  F  10. The plan of salvation was formulated just after Adam’s fall?

voca  when of origin of plan of salvation = (Romans 16:25)(6)                                    

Let's Talk

Three or four in a team.    Rotate the questions.

1. Do you think you are saved by grace only, faith only, or faith that works also?

voca  grace only (7)  Ephesians 2:8                           

voca  faith only (8)   Ephesians 3:17 Romans 3:22                         

voca  faith that works (9) Ephesians 2:9 but verse 10. James 2:22, 24        

voca  faith that works by love (7)  Galatians 5:6                           

Partner answer: Yes. Jesus likes everyone and wants to save all. So it is grace.

(your answer)                                                                

(extension?) = say more?

Well, all of them. Grace only because it had to be a divine-human. Faith only since I have to personally respond to it and faith that works since I cannot continue in my sin actions any longer although my sinful state from Adam will still bother my conscience daily as well as my memory of my past sins.

2. Am I saved immediately when I surrender myself? Is it fixed or flexible?

Partner answer: Yes. Billy Graham says it is in a flash that when you accept God’s diagnosis that you are deceitful, acknowledge your sinful state, confess your sins, the Holy Spirit will give you a new heart. It will cost you something since it costs Christ His life, God His Son, it will cost you your sin. You need to deny self and take up the cross, take His unpopularity, take suffering if needed, and He will give you a new heart. Ellen White added that it is a daily experience (Romans 7:22-23).

(your answer)                                                                

(extension?) = say more?

No. Ellen White and the Bible says it is only one point or the first point on a continuum of a line of points until my death or He comes. It is daily surrendering anew. Instead of stop  it is ⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙continue.

3. Is the love of Christ lenient with sin?

Partner answer: Yes. Grace is free.

(your answer)                                                    

(extension?) = say more?

God starts the process alone and without me and out of thanks for salvation, I work together with Him to stop sinning (1John 3:4) “Everyone who practices sin..”

4. If the sinner is forgiven in justification, acquitted from the charges of sin and reckoned righteous, why is there an Investigative Judgment of books or records in heaven?

Partner answer: The whole salvation project is God’s so He has some necessary things to do in Heaven for the unfallen worlds and unfallen angels. He has to remove our stigma/reputation of sin.

(your answer)                                                    

(extension?) = say more?

Everything is completed at the cross and an Investigative Judgment is not necessary.

Step up now

5. Do you think God was caught by surprise when sin came?

voca  ordain sin?, foresaw its existence? and provided? = (Ellen G. White, God’s Amazing Grace 23)(10)                                                 

Partner answer: No. Sin is constantly full of surprises but God was prepared.

(your answer)                                                    

(extension?) = say more?

Yes. That is why everything takes so long to complete.

6. If I come to church to meet God on Sabbath, God is gracious to give me the rest of the week to live for myself?

Partner answer: Look. God is a God that likes fun and He wants His people to enjoy themselves during the week. He does not walk with a long face.

(your answer)                                                                

(extension?) = say more?

The song “It is well with my soul” says that my sins not in part but in whole was nailed to the cross. That means I cannot retain a part of my sins to continue sinning and expect to be saved. Billy Graham said in 1957 the same as Ellen White in Steps to Christ: “And yet, men think it is hard to give up all!” (96).

voca  ”Do not let sin reign” = (Romans 6:12)(11)

7. Was the death on the cross to save us or to save God’s reputation?

Partner answer: No. It was solely to save us. There was no other reason.

(your answer)                                                    

(extension?) = say more?

Yes, It was for the reputation of God, that He is a God of love and secondly that He cannot overlook evil that He had to die Himself. He proved His love and He proved His constancy of expectations to His creatures.

8. Do you think it was not necessary for Jesus to die. He was murdered by bad people?

Partner answer: Yes. He was a good man and yet they killed Him.  

(your answer)                                                    

(extension?) = say more?

No. It was His own voluntary choice: God gave His Son and Jesus accepted His role voluntarily. His death also He foreknew (Ephesians 1:5). E. Heppenstall said that Christ’s sacrifice was voluntary for sin on the cross (Our High Priest chapter 4 first paragraph).

9. If I did not sin recently but my mind is reminding me of past sins, does it mean that Christ did not forgive my past sins?

Partner answer: Yes. You should try your best to get all these thoughts out of your system and brain and memory.

(your answer)                                                                

(extension?) = say more?

No. There will be a constant memory of your past forgiven sins. It is like roadsigns warning you to stay away from those dangerous cliffs.

10. Christ forgives all my sins, past and present. Why does He not remove the results of my sins?

Partner answer: He does not remove the results of my sins but by good works I can get better until it is removed totally. I just need to do more good works.

(your answer)                                                               

(extension?) = say more?

No. The wages of sin is death and we are to deteriorate until we die for the experience of misery is a God-given task to sinful saved humanity to demonstrate faith that never gives up, even in a sinful environment as a demonstration to the unfallen angels and unfallen worlds: imperfect creatures can be loyal to God despite their imperfections.

Express Orally Together

“For God so love the World that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).