SABBATH SCHOOL STUDY                      

GUIDE       Chongni-Church S S Lesson

Chongni Church

Quarter 4

lecturer: dr. Sookyoung Kim

Supervision of Deacon Hong and Pastor Kang  (your connection for requests)

Study-Guide : Sabbath School Study : 107a +2012Da

Unit 7      Arming for Victory

Warm up:  Put (T) = true        or (F) = false

T  F  1. Paul has in mind that we join a crusader trip to Israel.

T  F  2. If you have just one part of the armor of God, you can still be saved.

T  F  3. A father can arm himself for the benefit of his whole house.

voca  every believer must be personally and individually armed (key thought lesson Sabbath Afternoon)(1)

voca  “in spiritual things no man can make up another’s deficiency (EGW, COL 411-412)(2)

T  F  4. When you have the armor of God on, Satan is not interested in you any longer.

voca  “the wiles of the devil” (Ephesians 6:11)(3)

T  F  5. The armor is necessary to resist my friends.

voca  “wrestle not against flesh and blood” (Ephesians 6:12)(4)

T  F  6. The girdle represents righteousness and the breastplate truth.

voca (Ephesians 6:14)(5)

T  F  7. Whose righteousness is the breastplate? Mine or Christ’s or both?.

voca   (Monday last two paragraphs)(6) Friday last paragraph “divinely protected righteousness” (EGW Comments SDABC 6: 1119)

T  F  8. Can I skip truth and righteousness and still be saved? What if I skip truth but claim righteousness?

voca  Israel rejected righteousness and truth and thus did not keep the commandments of God (Isaiah 48) (7)                      

T  F  9. If I ask Christ to help my unbelief, will He do so?

T  F 10. Is the helmet of Salvation my helmet or God’s?

voca  God wears the helmet (Isaiah 59:17)(8)

voca  “You covered my head in the day of battle” (Psalm 140:7)(9)

An eschatological protection in the battle of the Lord at Armeggedon.

Let's Talk

Three or four in a team.    Rotate the questions.

1.The sword of the spirit is the Word of God. Is it the Bible?

voca   (10)  Ephesians 6:17                           

No. Paul is using a Greek word rhema which is the spoken word of God and not logos which is the written word of God?

(your answer)                                                                     

(extension?) = say more?

Yes, it is the memorized Bible and then spoken or preached.

voca   (11) When Christ was resisting Satan in the temptation He was saying: “It is written” and then He cited the text. The spoken Word of God has a power against Satan. We memorize, we say and the Holy Spirit uses it effectively against evil in all forms.

2. How do you pray when you do not pray? How always is always?

voca  praying always (Ephesians 6:18)(12)

Partner answer: When you have your mind ready to always think of God, then you are always praying.

(your answer)                                                                    

(extension?) = say more?

No. It is impossible to pray always. When you sleep you do not pray. It is just a symbolic saying, pray many times as much as you can.

voca  “a perpetual state of mind, a continuous attitude of communion with God” (SDABC 6: 1046)(13)

3. Why is it important to be on the alert (Ephesians 6:18) together with praying?

voca   (14) Peter could not stay awake or be alert in Gethsemane (Mark 14:38)

Partner answer: Watching and praying is linked to spiritual excellence.

(your answer)                                                                   

(extension?) = say more?

If we pray for others, we ourselves are strengthened.

4. If you are a Seventh-day Adventist, it is impossible to be an unbeliever?

voca   (15) “In every soul two powers are struggling” EGW The Youth’s Instructor Jan 10, 1901

voca   (16)  See Friday first paragraph.                           

Partner answer: Yes. A true Adventist will be a believer.

(your answer)                                                                      

(extension?) = say more?

No. The fact that you are a Seventh-day Adventist is no security that you are not an unbeliever. Not everyone in church believes.

Step up now

5. Paul says that the evil in heavenly places should be resisted? If Satan was thrown out of Heaven in 31 CE what evil are these in 58 CE when Paul wrote this and Christ is in His priestly role on faithful sinners’ behalf?

voca  Ephesians 6:12 (17)                                                 

Partner answer: Satan has placed all sinners in a state of discomfort, even with the unfallen worlds. Christ work in Heaven on our behalf is to wipe out and rectified any misunderstandings that evil has left in heaven.

(your answer)                                                                      

(extension?) = say more?

In the Investigative Judgment Christ is removing the stigma against us from the minds of the unfallen world citizens. In this way the sanctuary is “cleansed” and evil in heavenly places removed.

6. Why do Paul says that we should “stand fast” and not stumble?

voca   (18)  Ephesians 6:13-14                                                          

Partner answer: It is easy to stumble and fall.

(your answer)                                                                    

(extension?) = say more?

We have Christ as our model who stood fast against Satan in His temptation.

7. What role do the sandals play in our Christian warfare?

Partner answer: There is a link with the spreading and swiftness of that spreading of the gospel through evangelism, mission-work, testimonies, preaching and teaching.

(your answer)                                                                   

(extension?) = say more?

Yes, you have to be ambitious and strive for higher things.

8. How can one in the preparation of the Gospel of peace put on the sandals?

voca   (19) Ephesians 6:15.                           

Partner answer: It is the preparation work of Christ in heaven since the same word is used when He left the earth saying “I am going to prepare a place for you” in John 14:3.  

(your answer)                                                                    

(extension?) = say more?

No. There is something that we must do in our evangelism and mission-work to prepare for His coming.

9. A beginner’s faith is not so strong. Does that mean that his shield is made of paper whereas a longtime Christian’s shield is made of steel?

Partner answer: No. It is Christ my Shield that is at play here. His strength is sufficient for all even the beginner.

(your answer)                                                                      

(extension?) = say more?

No. There is something expected from you to do since God will not allow you to be tempted more than you can handle.

Express Orally Together

“Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand” (Ephesians 6:13).